Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started by new 7 week old on Purina Puppy Chow because that is what the breeder was feeding her. I was at Petsmart yesterday and I had all these sales people promoting their food like Nutro Max and Blue and these natural and organic foods. They said my food has by-products including feces in it and theres are much healthier. Are these other brands really that much better? I just want to feed the healthiest thing that still tastes good. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
there are a few topics on this forum that are active about dog foods just do a search and read read read. lots of different views here. :wave:

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
i use nutro max for my babies... they both love it. from what ive read and heard if the foods first ingredients are by-products and corn meal its probably not the healthiest. but i know of a lot of dogs that have eaten those kidns of foods and lived a healthy long life. i think personally though id rather have them eating the healthier food with less "icky stuff" in it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
puppy chow is a very respectable name . I use it and science diet the vet said science diet is better but of course the vet sell it I think puppy chow is fine!!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget gets royal canin... he loves it...

we got him a can of natural something the other day at petsmart.. (mark likes to spoil him) and when we opened it and put it in his bowl he turned his nose up and didn't eat it.. we even tried the cheese in the food but he ate the cheese and didn't eat the food...

I think he just doesn't like canned food.. this is the last time.. mark is like it is weird that a dog doesn't like canned food..

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I really like foods like Natural Balance, Royal Canin, Nutro, Wellness, and Innova. None of those foods contain "filler" ingredients or bi-products. Do a search on this site and you can find many indepth topics about each of the foods.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well! I feed Yoyo Innova. :wink: Small kibbles! Before I've tried Nutro & Wellness but still thinks he's doing great on this food.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts