Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing with Daisy earlier, and it got me wondering what games other owners play with their Chi's.

Daisy seems to love a game where she's on the bed and in on the floor. She flings her toys off the bed, I throw them to the other end of the bed, and she brings them back to fling them off again. Sounds odd, but she really loves that game.

She obviously likes the classic - tug of war. She growls and chats away the whole time.

She likes to play Daisy-in-the-middle too, me and mum throwing Daisy's toys to each other, amd Daisy runs between us, obviously getting the toy lots of the time.

So what games do other Chi's like? :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Okay, this is kinda crazy, and I'm not sure it's considered a game, but every Saturday while I'm cleaning, I play music. The dogs have two favourite songs - one by Kid Rock called "Flyin High" and the other by Hinder called "Hey Ho"...(Yep, I'm 51 and I'm a rock and roll junkie!)

No matter where I am in the house when either of these songs comes on, they all come running, and start jumping on my legs. I pick them up one at a time, and dance around with them - the other two jump around in the floor on their hind legs dancing until I pick them up...They absolutely love it! By the time the song is over, I've danced with each of them 4 or 5 times!

It's funny, because music is going all day long, but these are the only two songs they respond to!

With Pedro, I also play 'fetch' with his favourite toy - a red rubber fish.

Gracie and Diesel aren't much into playing with anyone other than each other, but they love to dance!

My husband thinks this is hysterical, so when I'm not looking, their two favourite songs tend to shuffle around alot! :D

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Jaxx loves to play hide his toys. When he is extra hyper I empty out his bed of his toys and throw them across the room one at a time. He then runs after the toy that I toss and then attempts to hide it from me (after he has spent several minutes seeing if he can find the squeaky spot in the squeaker toys of course)
Squeaker toys are his favorite! He loves to find the squeaker then make noise with it continuously for at least 20 minutes.
He also likes to play a game I call patty cake dance. He taps his front paws against my hands and then stands on his back legs dancing around. The first time I saw him do this I laughed for a very long time because he is so cute doing it.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I just got my two a little cat igloo thingy which they love to wrestle in. Some fierce noises come from that thing! I thought Axle might be hurting Chloe so I kept a close eye on them in there and it turns out she is the instigator and not him! They both also like to go in their by themselves and dig at the thing like crazy.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Barney likes to play fetch with a little plastic light bulb. I ask him to 'sit' before I throw it, and 'drop' when I want to throw it again. He looks adorable carrying the little bulb !

When we go on walks, at the furthest point from the patio, he likes to pick up a stick or rock and carry it home. When I try to see what he has in his mouth, he tries to hide it from me.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey will play ball for hours, as long as will throw it, she will retreive it or she uses her nose as a bat and hits it back at us, It's so funny. She also stands and waits very anxiously (shaking) she is so excited for us to take off our socks.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
The girls love chase. I get on my hands and knees when the are hypo and I squeeze there tails really gently and they run off. Then I do this over and over trying to catch them they love it

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's not a game I play..lol but Penny and Dylan play what I call "get your head out of my mouth/get your mouth off my head" it looks like Penny is trying to be a lion (or lab) trainer by sticking her head in Dylan's mouth. Dogs are weird..lol.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
It's not a game I play..lol but Penny and Dylan play what I call "get your head out of my mouth/get your mouth off my head" it looks like Penny is trying to be a lion (or lab) trainer by sticking her head in Dylan's mouth. Dogs are weird..lol.
That sounds adorable!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Lulu and Gidget, our Maltese, play tag with each other. They will chase each other as fast as they can around a wall that makes up our living room, dining room, and kitchen. It makes a big circle. If one gets ahead of the other, she will turn around like, "Are you coming?" If they "catch" each other they switch. It's hilarious!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I wouldn't consider this an actual 'game' but here is a suggestion for all of you .... PING PONG BALLS! I'm not sure WHAT made me think of buying them, but I bought them for Roxy one day. She LOVES them. Other than Chicky (her tiny yellow squeaky duck), these have got to be her favorite. She stays occupied for hours with these things! She bats them around with her nose and her paws. She even learned how to touch it so that it will fling up into the air. It's really funny and cool to watch her play with them. It's fun for me to throw them for her and fling them in the air as well! She has never tried to chew on them and has yet to break or crack one. If you have bigger dogs, like my labs, just don't let them get to them! :)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'm always for something different and fun to keep them active for exercise. Our Maltese loves to play with toys and will play with her dg toys for a while, but Lulu, my chi, doesn't like the usual dog toys.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Adam- loves fetch..even if he sometimes returns with a completely different toy!LOL
Hannah- loves squeeky toys. she likes to sit and either play tug with me or I hide the toy behind me and make it squeek so she has to find it.
Heidi- is a little hooligan and just wants to attack me!! she loves to lie on my chest and wrestle with my hand. she makes some horrible, viscious faces but has excellent bite inhibition.

Then with all 3 we sometimes play hide and seek when walking where I will hide behind a tree or bush and wait for them to find me. Or sometimes I shut them out in the morning and hide their breakfast kibble all over the house to sniff out!:D
I love the fact that all 3 of mine like to play with me in different ways, it feels like we all have a special relationship. I also love how gently they play with me....esp when I see them playing 'wall of death', zoomies or 'bitey face' with each other.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts