Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
It takes a few months for all the hormones and sperm to be gone. Give it time. And if Twiggy is in heat, all my boys get hump happy. But with no females going into heat in your house, it should fade away.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Lol .... I don't think you really have much to worry about. Roxy has been spayed and she's a girl and I still catch her humping something every once in a blue moon! Finn is just thinking about Roxy ;) hehehehehe!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
If he was doing it before it can become a habit; also it can take a while for the hormons to level out. Some dogs also have a certain toy that they related to the behaviour before removal of the toy could help/end the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where did you all get your cool pic montages from??!! I want one!

My girl is spayed and she humps her teddy bear ALL THE TIME. Why do they do it!?!?!?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Quigley does this as well. He has extremely low level of testosterone (if any) and was neutered over a year ago and still does it. He knows I don't approve so he thinks he is sneaky and takes his "friend" into his kennel for privacy. LOL. What a hoot!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quigley does this as well. He has extremely low level of testosterone (if any) and was neutered over a year ago and still does it. He knows I don't approve so he thinks he is sneaky and takes his "friend" into his kennel for privacy. LOL. What a hoot!
Oh master quigley you are a sneaky one!! That is too funny trieste! You know its funny my boxer has never been neutered, never humped, never marked inside. The smaller the dog the hornier they are! :rolleyes:
LOL!!Rachel :laughing8:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Bailey has been neutered since before he was 6mos. He still humps other dogs...even boys. Funny tho...when Lacey was in heat...he never even gave her so much as a sniff.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I think they often hump other dogs as a show of dominance. Paco has been neutered since he was 6 months old, never has marked, dosen't even lift his leg to go pee, but when we go to the dog park, guess what, he humps every dog in site, and I believe it's to show his dominance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
LoL Quigley, you're a riot!

Max humps everything in site. But unlike Quigley, who is at least discrete, he'll typically try to set his stuffies on top of me and hump them there! :/

I hope his humping becomes less of a habit once he's fixed!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Pedro wasn't neutered until he was 3, right before we picked him up from the rescue. Not sure if it was a problem with him before, but it has never been since.

Gracie is another story altogether...She has a big stuffed bunny rabbit that she just goes to town on all the time!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Our current dog was neutered probably very young (he was already fixed when we got him). He does not even lift his leg when peeing, but he did go hump crazy seemingly out of the blue. I was talking to our neighbor (who shows bulldogs) about it and turns out one of his girls was in heat. I am still not 100% convinced that was it, but we will see what happens next time the lady next door is in season.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
LOL! I am now picturing Quigley doing that. Too funny!! :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Smeagol was neutered when he was 6 months old and he is 13 months now. So it has been 7 months but he still does it now and then. Mostly to me but he also does it to my husband and dogs that he likes regardless it is a male or a female. He also does it to his loofah dog. I'm not really sure why either. But maybe it's just they're way to dominate?

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
I agree that it's normal! When Odie was younger, she had this pink teddy bear that she would hump all the time. After researching for a long time, we concluded that it was just a dominance thing. The toy was bigger than her so I think she just needed to show it who was boss! We did get rid of that toy though, and now she only has toys that are smaller than her and she's never done it to a toy since then. Whether that's because she's over it, or just because they're just not a hump-able size is another story. The cats on the other hand get a hump every once in awhile.

I think as long as it's not excessive, it's totally fine. I know some dogs can become obsessed with it, and that's a different story. What we gathered from our many google searches is that if it does become an obsession to not scold, but gently interrupt them and redirect their attention.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts