Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had their shots are not. When I got Firge, the lady told me that she had had her parvo shots, but that was all. I was so excited when I walked into the home and she looked at me and "screamed", I knew she was mine.

The lady also told me that she was going to breed her, but couldn't. I'm so stupid, I didn't even ask her "why". She had no papers (that was OK because I wanted a pet)

I'm not really stupid and have had dogs all my life, but have never asked the right questions when I got one.

I tried to call her, but the person who answered the phone said I had the wrong number. I know I didn't. But I had my sweetheart and just let it go after taking her to the vet and I told her that the owner said she had had her Parvo injections but nothing else. She gave her one shot and that's all she's had.

Will someone tell me what to do? (what she needs?, what happens if she gets the shots more than once?

I'm so upset after seeing the post about Smokie. I'm so sorry about her or him, I can't remember. I will pray for her and I truly hope she gets well really soon.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
without a vaccination card signed by a vet do not just assume the breeder 'and I use this term lightly' is telling the truth. Take your pup to the vets and get a full health check and restart all vaccinations including the parvo one but discuss when to start witth your vet. I am so sorry and very disgusted that the person you got her from is unavailable. I am there for the full life of my pups and find this very distressing but that's another story. I hope your puppy is well and that you have a happy long life with her ahead x

·
Registered
51 Posts
They should give you vet records and the name of the vet. She probably was lying since you didn't get any proof. Did she say before you came to get her that she had her vet records?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Get a titer test to check her immunity rather than flushing her full of vaccinations she may not need.
I agree 100%!!! Please do not vaccinate without knowing the status of this dog. Titers are the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts