Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
SICKOS STRIKE AGAIN - who in their right mind would pay that? :evil: :x :twisted: :cry: :shock: :evil:

poor lil dog

·
Registered
321 Posts
What is wrong with advertising the t-chi for sale? why is rehoming her bad? My mother in law has been looking for a true t-cup and cant find one. 2 pound adult weight isnt so bad my sis has a adult male that is 4 pounds and he isnt so tiny. some folks would be more than willing to pay that for a true T-Cup.
the $$$ is way to high i understand that much. I could see $500.00-$1000.00 depending on where you live in the states.
I dont understand why there sickos though. there just price gowging. which is very common in the world of dogs.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
What is wrong with advertising the t-chi for sale? why is rehoming her bad? My mother in law has been looking for a true t-cup and cant find one. 2 pound adult weight isnt so bad my sis has a adult male that is 4 pounds and he isnt so tiny. some folks would be more than willing to pay that for a true T-Cup.
the $$$ is way to high i understand that much.
I think buyer beware is in order- could be a skam.
You gotta be kididng me right after all the time on here etc you still believe in "Tcups" ooh and thats a new name a "true Tcup" have I read your post wrong are you quoting someone else ? :shock:

That is awful - that pup might be small now but could have a growth spurt and get to 6 pounds fully grown we cant predict mother nature - these people need to have there heads bashed together :twisted:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
porshas_momma said:
the $$$ is way to high i understand that much. I could see $500.00-$1000.00 depending on where you live in the states.
I should have elaborated when I said that they shouldn't rehome her, I meant to just anyone. I guarantee they will sell her to the first person who offers that money, without even checking their background (chi experience) or living situation.

By the way, there is a HUGE difference between a 4 pound chi and a 2 pound chi!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
HEALTH issues for one and is that person going to be able to take care of that should the need arise or throw it in a shelter where it will die!

And yes the T-cup is not a word we use here :evil:

its false advertising period as Ozzy's mom said who know what that pup will grow up to be, cant always go by the parents :?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
There is NO SUCH THING as tea-cup chihuahuas....they are only the runts of the litter. Not to mention that it is extremely unhealthy to breed chihuahuas that small.
Trust me my chi is just over 3lbs...just barely standard. I just saw a chi last weekend that was just half a pound bigger then her and there was already a big difference...two pounds is a lot when you are talking about a 2lb dog and a 4lb dog.
I dont see why on earth someone would want a chi that small. They have a greater risk for health problems plus the fact that they can get hurt so easly. I dont see what is wrong with just a standard chihuahua. They are small enough for heaven sakes...why make them any smaller?

To charge more for size is totally uncalled for in my opinion. You should be breeding dogs to meet the AKC standard...not any bigger, not any smaller. You will always have your runts and your pups that are bigger then normal and thats fine...but why on earth would you try to breed smaller chis and then charge crazy amounts of money?
I think this is a huge problem in the chihuahua world and it needs to be stopped...you are breeding more and more health problems into these little guys by making them smaller and smaller...just keep them nice and healthy and at the standard weight of 3-6lbs.
(gosh...3-6lbs is still very tiny...i still dont see why someone would want a dog any smaller)

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I definitely wouldn't want a chi under 3 lbs. That is very small. I think this insane craze of wanting them smaller has got to stop :( If a person wants a pet that small get a mouse. And they really are runts with much more potential for health problems :(

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Exactly...and if you look at other breeds, the runts are sold cheeper because of the health risks and the fact that they are not standard...why is it that we allow runts to be sold at crazy prices with toy breeds?! Dont get me wrong...runts deserve loving homes like the rest, (Ginger was probably the runt of her litter) but my issue is the pricing and trying to hide the fact they are runts by calling them 'teacups' or 'minis' or whatever the heck breeders are using. I consider it false advertising in my opinion....all you are doing is taking runts from previous litters and breeding them together and taking those runts and breeding them...
It needs to stop!

·
Registered
321 Posts
geeze calm down ladies here in oklahoma folks call the chis that stay under 6 pounds t-cups. didnt relize it was a forbiden word on the forum.
there is a topic on here called the smallest chi, read it. i was just wondering what the big deal was I doubt the people who have the pup are sickos though.
and i would imagine if a person can afford 3,500.00 they can afford the vet bill and would take care of the dog.
I have read 100s of topics here and posted many over the last few months and it just seems like there is so much negative posting.

weird in oklahoma the runts sell for higher price and are tipically the first dogs chosen everyone wants the tiny ones. things really vary from state to state.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Its not negative posting...there is a huge problem with breeding these dogs smaller then they should be. Its unhealthy...reguardless if the person can afford the bills or not. Its not right for the dog to have to live life that way. Why purposly breed chi's to be smaller then they should be?

The reason teacup is bad word here is because there is no such thing...plain and simple. Any good breeder will tell you to run away from anyone who uses that word. Heck its in about every dog book I bought...all the books tell you to run away from breeders who use the word tea-cup.
Everyone here has just expressed their opinion of the topic. You mentioned your mother wanting a "true teacup"...but there is no such thing....again just a term breeders use to scam more money out of people. We just all know that those dogs can be very sickly and we just gave you our opinion of the matter.
We are just warning people that 'tea-cup' is just a phrase made up by breeders to make more money. Its all to make more money and people are falling for it. Most of us feel very strongly about this issue because its such a widespread problem and yes we do get upset when we hear people who actually believe this teacup buisness. Again, why in other breeds do the runts go for less money but we are all for jacking up the price for runts of the toy group. People try not to breed runts because of health problems but yet its allowed with toy breeds :? :shock: This is what I dont get and this is what confuses me when people say they want these tiny dogs.
Again I am not against runts having great homes, i am against breeding them to make more money...its a horrible breeding practice and it needs to be stopped.

EDIT: here go to this site and go down to number 6 http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/chihuahuas.html

This artile was from the chihuahua club of america on teacups
http://marlischis.com/chihuahua_is_a_chihuahua.htm

We are not just bashing the term...it is a term that the AKC and any toy breed organization does not recognize...why would we talk highly of somthing that is ruining the chihuahua breed.

·
Registered
587 Posts
porshas_momma said:
geeze calm down ladies here in oklahoma folks call the chis that stay under 6 pounds t-cups. didnt relize it was a forbiden word on the forum.
there is a topic on here called the smallest chi, read it. i was just wondering what the big deal was I doubt the people who have the pup are sickos though.
and i would imagine if a person can afford 3,500.00 they can afford the vet bill and would take care of the dog.
I have read 100s of topics here and posted many over the last few months and it just seems like there is so much negative posting.

weird in oklahoma the runts sell for higher price and are tipically the first dogs chosen everyone wants the tiny ones. things really vary from state to state.

It doesn't vary state to state. Do people think the chihuahua standard varies from state to state? Wow, what ignorance....

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
They are definately in the wrong in their thinking in Oaklahoma - please dont tell us too clam down no one is irrate we are just debating a subject , also if you think the forum is negative you dont have too stay around - although we would love if you did :wave:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
That's just awful! I would never be able to have a chi that small. I would never get anything done but hold it so that it didn't get stepped on or stuck in a place it can't get out of. I had a cat no bigger than that when we got her, she fell down the heater duct that was uncovered (it was broke) my mom and dad took the whole thing apart just to get her out before the heater kicked on. It was awful! I could only imagine having a chi that didn't get any bigger and have to worry about that stuff for the rest of it's life. I mean, Lina is just over 3lbs (3.5 to 4) and she is sooo tiny!! Smaller than her is too small for me.

And to ask more for a RUNT is just ridiculous!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree with everyone about the fact that these extra tiny chihuahuas can have health problems, but whenever I read adverts for teacup, I always thought teacup was just an adjective people were using--a fancy way of describing a chihuahua that is smaller than the standard size--not saying that teacup was a part of the standard. Don't get me wrong, I dont think people should be breeding down the size, but I also think a lot of people are just using the name teacup as an adjective. And if people would stop obsessing over getting the tiniest chihuahua they could find, we wouldnt have this problem--supply and demand.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts