Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,210 Posts
and may I add so WHAT if they can afford the dogs hasnt the famous Britney disposed of her dogs and she can well afford it. It takes a special owner to have to deal with health issues and care of a sickly pup! Money or no money :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Thank you mark1010 that is what i thought to. we all know they wont fit in a tea cup. hahaha But i feel like it is said alot of many breeds my dad has a small poodle it was sold as a t-cup in the description. there is a lady that owns a pet store in town she has yorkies and she has one that you can hold in your hand (adult) she calls him a t-cup i think it is a term used loosely i really dont think it is ment to be harmful.
but of couse i know better now :wink: i always thought it was a term folks with money liked to use cause they seem to be the ones with the T-cups :roll: persay.


and yes there is alot of dog breeding ignorence out there. i would never argue that point. i am ignorent to breeding my self Porsha is myfirst female and she will be fixed at 6 months.

I would like to add i really enjoy this forum and it makes me sad and angry that lately you cant defend anything or anyones posts without the posts getting heated up. this is not the first post where i was just trying to defend someone and it turned into something entirely diffrent. i never intended for this to get out of hand. i originally wanted to know why it was so bad to advertise and why call folks would think the people selling the little chi are bad people. if you would go back and read my first post. i am really bad about thinking the best of people but lately it is getting me in trouble. I will leave the forum i think that would please alot of people right now. :cry: I appologize for anny harm or hard feelings i may have caused. :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
porshas_momma said:
Thank you mark1010 that is what i thought to. we all know they wont fit in a tea cup. hahaha But i feel like it is said alot of many breeds my dad has a small poodle it was sold as a t-cup in the description. there is a lady that owns a pet store in town she has yorkies and she has one that you can hold in your hand (adult) she calls him a t-cup i think it is a term used loosely i really dont think it is ment to be harmful.
but of couse i know better now :wink: i always thought it was a term folks with money liked to use cause they seem to be the ones with the T-cups :roll: persay.


and yes there is alot of dog breeding ignorence out there. i would never argue that point. i am ignorent to breeding my self Porsha is myfirst female and she will be fixed at 6 months.

I would like to add i really enjoy this forum and it makes me sad and angry that lately you cant defend anything or anyones posts without the posts getting heated up. this is not the first post where i was just trying to defend someone and it turned into something entirely diffrent. i never intended for this to get out of hand. i originally wanted to know why it was so bad to advertise and why call folks would think the people selling the little chi are bad people. if you would go back and read my first post. i am really bad about thinking the best of people but lately it is getting me in trouble. I will leave the forum i think that would please alot of people right now. :cry: I appologize for anny harm or hard feelings i may have caused. :wave:
the term tea cup is used to make more money off a smaller sized dog. there is no such thing as a tcup chi. there is either a long hair or a short hair. as far as poodles go there is standard poodles and toy poodles. and a yorkie is a yorkie no matter the size (as with chi's.) i find it disturbing that you would defend a woman calling a yorkie a tea cup.... oh wait let me make myself more clear... a woman who OWNS A PET STORE...... where'd she get those dog's? back yard breeders and puppy mills i'm betting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
porshas_momma said:
I would like to add i really enjoy this forum and it makes me sad and angry that lately you cant defend anything or anyones posts without the posts getting heated up. this is not the first post where i was just trying to defend someone and it turned into something entirely diffrent. i never intended for this to get out of hand. i originally wanted to know why it was so bad to advertise and why call folks would think the people selling the little chi are bad people. if you would go back and read my first post. i am really bad about thinking the best of people but lately it is getting me in trouble. I will leave the forum i think that would please alot of people right now. :cry: I appologize for anny harm or hard feelings i may have caused. :wave:
LOL, don't be silly...leaving the forum doesn't do anything :wink: I think you gave everybody a big surprise..including me...I thought you were joking when you wrote so firmly that in a way teacup is a normal term and there is nothing wrong about it. When you call a dog a teacup IT MATTERS..not because it gives the dog a title, a standard or an adjective..but because is a term that is EXTREMELY common when backyard breeders, puppy mills, and overpriced dog scams use it. By using it in any way you encourage people to believe that teacups are special and should be priced differently when they are not..and more times than not end up causing people LOTS of money on vet bills. A good breeder will sell his/her dogs at the same price no matter what size they are. :wink: No one hates you so don't be silly. :wink:

porshas_momma said:
:wink: i always thought it was a term folks with money liked to use cause they seem to be the ones with the T-cups :roll: persay.
:lol: lol, that's the funniest thing..I would say they are the ones with them because they are stupid and hallucinate that the stupid things in life give you status... :wink: see how the scam works..if is "special" only the rich can buy...what a joke! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,110 Posts
It sure is gonna be funny when that pups starts really growing and passed The "teacup"size. that angers me so much!!! Of course it fits in a friggin TEACUP its only 2 weeks old. I am sure you have seen pictures of people trying to sell their pups by placing them by a soda can or in a cup.Well of course they are gonna fit they are only 7-8 weeks old. Try doing it when they get to be 1 or 2 :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,920 Posts
Good point Lori One of the biggest problems is someone gets a chi they think will be 2 lbs ( not that I understand why ) and it grows to 6 lbs and then they don't want it so it gets dumped. It causes all kinds of problems to try to breed them smaller :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,323 Posts
porshas_momma said:
I would like to add i really enjoy this forum and it makes me sad and angry that lately you cant defend anything or anyones posts without the posts getting heated up. this is not the first post where i was just trying to defend someone and it turned into something entirely diffrent. i never intended for this to get out of hand. i originally wanted to know why it was so bad to advertise and why call folks would think the people selling the little chi are bad people. if you would go back and read my first post. i am really bad about thinking the best of people but lately it is getting me in trouble. I will leave the forum i think that would please alot of people right now. :cry: I appologize for anny harm or hard feelings i may have caused. :wave:
I have to say that I enjoy people's different points of view. I don't want you to leave just because you have a different opinion or stand on the topic. If we all agreed on everything how boring would that be? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
KJsChihuahuas said:
It sure is gonna be funny when that pups starts really growing and passed The "teacup"size. that angers me so much!!! Of course it fits in a friggin TEACUP its only 2 weeks old. I am sure you have seen pictures of people trying to sell their pups by placing them by a soda can or in a cup.Well of course they are gonna fit they are only 7-8 weeks old. Try doing it when they get to be 1 or 2 :evil:

That is funny you say that. A couple of years ago my friend bought a registerd "teacup" Chihuahua. This teacup chihuahua grew to be 8lbs!!!!! Till this day (well she gave him to the pound :( ) She thinks he was a teacup. I dont talk to her anymore but if i did i would probably laugh cause she told everyone he was a registered teacup lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
usmcjess said:
KJsChihuahuas said:
It sure is gonna be funny when that pups starts really growing and passed The "teacup"size. that angers me so much!!! Of course it fits in a friggin TEACUP its only 2 weeks old. I am sure you have seen pictures of people trying to sell their pups by placing them by a soda can or in a cup.Well of course they are gonna fit they are only 7-8 weeks old. Try doing it when they get to be 1 or 2 :evil:

That is funny you say that. A couple of years ago my friend bought a registerd "teacup" Chihuahua. This teacup chihuahua grew to be 8lbs!!!!! Till this day (well she gave him to the pound :( ) She thinks he was a teacup. I dont talk to her anymore but if i did i would probably laugh cause she told everyone he was a registered teacup lol
This is exactly the point!!! She thought it was a "teacup", and when it grew to 8 lbs., she gave it to the pound! This type of thing happens far too often. It just really upsets me and makes me so angry to see breeders using this term, and selling their chis for outrageous prices because they are supposed to be "teacups", or because they sold a puppy to a celebrity, so then they charge ridiculous prices for pups from the same bloodline as the celebrities pup.

Yes, we get upset at the term teacup. It is misleading, and is used to make more money for these unscrupulous breeders. And speaking of breeders, did anyone notice the chicken wire cage in the background of the puppy's picture? Doesn't that look like a puppy mill? Does to me.

If you think this is a negative forum, try going to some of the other forums and boards. Check out the AOL pet boards - they make this site look like a sunday school class! No kidding - :lol: Yes, sometimes posters on this forum get upset - but everyone is entitled to an opinion and I personally can't remember a time since I've been on this site where a poster was bashed for simply having an opinion. Someone may not agree with you, and they may tell you so in no uncertain terms, but I've never seen anyone resort to name-calling or personal attacks.

I don't think anyone wants to see someone else leave the forum, and I don't think anyone was trying to attack you personally. They are just trying to get a point across on something they feel very passionate about.

I love this forum, and no, I don't always agree with everything posted on here. We don't always have to agree - it would be pretty boring if we did.
 
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top