Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be picking up my new chi baby tomorrow. We have a 2 yr old collie at home... he loves everybody and just lays there anyways so no worries about him. The thing is is my female chi. Dolly is 1 and she is the spoiled brat around the house. lol You could even say she thinks she's a big dog.. bigger than our collie. lol Do you think she'll be okay with this pup? I've never seen her be mean except to the kittens.. she likes to bite their neck but I think it's playfully.

Anyway, how does it feel having two chi's? Is it anymore different? Do your chi's love each other? Male and females get along? Sorry so many questions.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Britney is 3.5 years old and all the attention was always focused on her! About 5 weeks ago, Butterfly became a part of our family and it was and still has been a little hard for Britney to share the spotlight.

It's not like she hates Butterfly though...it's so cute when they play with each other :lol:

I don't think you'll have too much of a problem

·
Registered
17 Posts
When you bring the new puppy into the house you should supervise your other dog(s) as they attempt to socialize with it. Simply because it's another chihuahua, doesn't mean that they will get along. I now have 3 myself, and initially the 1st dog didn't like the 2nd dog, then the 1st and 2nd dog didn't like the 3rd one when he came along. It's different with every dog so you never know. Also, don't leave the new puppy alone with your other dogs for a while until it looks like they have socialized properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts