Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took maisie for a walk today (there are no dogs about the way I go during the school run) and I had some man come up to me and ask "What is that, a rat???"

He wasnt sure what to say to my response though.... "No its a dinosaur!"

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I really wish people would keep those kind of comments to themselves. I usually say "he's not a rat". I wish I had a better come back though. I like yours, I may use it. LOL.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I've never had bad comments about mine I think I have the look of say something and I'll hang u up to dry lol anyway it's good to say shah she thinks she's a Rottweiler and be careful she bites idiots

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh yes i've had that,took Lily to my daughters work place it was ALL THE MEN THAT SAID IT,I just turned round and said how many times am i going to hear that it's getting boring

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aah, I dress a little unusually (Japanese/Victorian "dolly" style?) so I am used to having people yell things at me from across the street, etc... The best thing to do is just stay friendly! If they see their comments aren't getting to you, they'll lose interest or feel silly. ^^;

I think the "NO, IT'S A DINOSAUR!" response is the best thing ever, though. Go, you!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bless anyone, especially a man, who makes a rude comment about my dog!!! His ears would surely ring for days on end by the time I got done with him. I've never had anything but good comments about Lavender, how beautiful she is and how sweet. I love the "no, he's a dinosaur" comment. If someone asked me if she were a rat, I'd probably respond, "No, are you a jackass?"

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
I had a woman yesterday call chico an "ankle biter". I think she was emabarrassed when I came back and said "why would you call my dearest friend and pet insulting names? I would not call your child ugly or fat" and then walked away....

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
That has to be the best come back I have ever heard. I do get that sometimes with Zoey, but mostly everyone wants to see/hold/touch her because she's so small. I told someone once that no, it was a rottweiler, they couldn't stop laughing.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Took maisie for a walk today (there are no dogs about the way I go during the school run) and I had some man come up to me and ask "What is that, a rat???"

He wasnt sure what to say to my response though.... "No its a dinosaur!"
" If you think its a Rat.......... here's your sign"

lol
I've never had bad comments about mine I think I have the look of say something and I'll hang u up to dry lol anyway it's good to say shah she thinks she's a Rottweiler and be careful she bites idiots
Bless anyone, especially a man, who makes a rude comment about my dog!!! His ears would surely ring for days on end by the time I got done with him. I've never had anything but good comments about Lavender, how beautiful she is and how sweet. I love the "no, he's a dinosaur" comment. If someone asked me if she were a rat, I'd probably respond, "No, are you a jackass?"
:laughing8: Omg you guys!!!! I've been cracking up over here!!! Those are great, i will definitely be using those. :D

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
People seem to think it's fine to be insulting to people these days sadly.
I dont take it lying down either, although have only had a couple of bad comments.
One guy said oh i could fit them in a sandwich, and i said looks like you have had one too many sandwiches pal!
Another guy called them rats and i shouted shutit bawbag!! lol

Just shows they have been dragged up really so we should pity them.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My husband calls the girls pocket piranhas...;) which would be a good comeback to the "rat" too...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
yes we get all kinds of weirdos makeing no sense from time to time but the other day walking Cali a guy asked my hubby what breed she was he said chihuahua so then he asks if she was a "minture chihuahua" my husband politely said no just chihuahua
we get a lot of people were I live stop us to just say how cute or how small and even people slow down to see her (and it's mostly guys) I think its odd

·
Registered
489 Posts
i hate it when people say things like that...i had boo out with me one day and some man said is that a chihuahua i said yes and he said did you hear about the chi that killed a rotwiller he chocked on it...then the man just started laughing and walked off before i could say anything to him...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Perry got called a chinchilla today in pets at home, i wasn't sure if it was a insult or they were just a little bit off, so walked away laughing lol

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
It is astounding to me that people obviously think it's OK to insult your pet!!! (I'd like to think they don't mean to be offensive, but I don't know...)
People would have a fit if someone told them their baby was ugly--this really isn't a very different situation in my mind.
Maybe a good (and educational) comeback might be "Do you know how offensive that is?" asked rhetorically.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts