Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog loves to pee on my clothes! Why does she do this? It's always clothes that I've worn and have my smell on them. Of course, she would NEVER do this in front of me, but I find clothes that I've left out beside the hamper with pee stains on them (actaully, it's only happened 3 times in the year that I have had her). My dad said she is marking her territory. My boss says she is doing it to get back at me for leaving her alone. And last night, I found where she had peed AND pooped on my nightshirt! Nasty booger!

steph

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Yikes! That's not a good thing is it! Maybe you could put your clothes in a hamper, you can buy clothes hampers that you can hang on the back of a door and if you always put your clothes there she wouldn't be able to pee on them. I am not sure why she would, maybe she is getting back at you for leaving her alone? :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
what if there was a wee wee pad clost to your clothes, i wonder if she would go on that instead. i forgot to put a pad down for chiwi once and she peed on my towel....

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: I'll go with your dad..maybe you let her get away with stuff most of the time and she's trying to mark her territory.. :wink: is a dominance thing so make sure she knows who the boss is :wink: She goes on your clothes because they don't have her scent..have you seen dogs marking ownership of the hydrant? :D well, she probably thinks the house is hers :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh she very definetely knows who the boss is - as a matter of fact, I'm the only person she minds! :lol: She knows I'm in charge. But she does also think that she owns me. She thinks I'm her personal property. She can't stand it when my husband hugs me and gets close to me. It drives her nuts! So I just figured she was marking anything with my scent on it as her way of marking "me" as being her's. Either way it's annoying!

steph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts