Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Rudy exhibit true terror for the first time last night when the smoke alarm went off three times while I was cooking - he darted into the bathtub and just shook with his ears back and tail tucked between his legs, it took him 2 hours after to calm down. :( UNtil recently I would say nothing scared him - he has always been relatively unfazed by things. But this? Oh my lord. I still feel guilty today. :( Do you think he has recovered? He seems okay...

What is your chi scared of?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Gretel is a fearless warrior.

Godric is afraid of EVERYTHING. A bag blows by outside, he runs and yowls. A LEAF blows by outside, he runs and yowls. He barks at people, yesterday we were walking behind my neighbor and Godric was fine, the instant the man looked at him - bark and run.

We've tried really hard to introduce him to people, and dogs, and just new environments but he's always been very skittish about everything. Gretel is his exact opposite, she loves new environments, and especially loves people. You can imagine how much fun it is when we get greeted outside and Gretel is greeting the person and Godric is yanking his lead in the other direction.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
lily hates wooden floors,she has to be picked up and carried also dogs that run up to her,she will hide behind my legs

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Well, Amanda just PERFECTLY described my two as well. One that will ick a stranger's face and one that is shy from people she has met or knows.

We had BAD hailstorm-tennis ball sized hail-it wrecked roofs in the whole neighborhood. Ruby would not even eat for a day and every sound (like just a cabinet door closing) she behaved as if she had post traumatic syndrome.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
So far Bailey isn't scared of much. She didnt like when the big dog water bottle girgled and dust buster. But other than that she's pretty fearless.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Tabitha has NO FEAR! :D Jerry is more sensitive and he likes to check things out a bit
first. Evie seems to be very outgoing at this age. I think all three are well-rounded.
As for your smoke detector--that was a very loud noise for Rudy to experience. I hope
he bounces back from it very soon :)

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Jasper seems to have no fears, Hannah gets nervous around new people and sudden changes in anything, and Mr. Moose gets nervous when there are violent thunder storms.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
All my dogs hate the smoke alarm and of course, it's super sensitive and goes off all the time. They will scream and bark and howl while it is going off. Delilah and Twiggy are afraid of my brother's wheelchair. They just hear him come up the hall from his room and will start barking. Though Delilah is a lot worse about it than Twiggy. If I walk out of the bath with a towel on my head, Smoke and Twiggy and Pepper will bark at me. Twiggy is nervous around people she doesn't know. Pepper is terrified of going in the car. No matter how many times I take him out, he shakes the whole way there and back.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I went to my cousin grad party to day with Amberleah I walked in and said my hello's and she screamed so hard. At first I thought i was hurting her. Then if they tried petting her she bit them. she is only 11 weeks old and need to get her socialize and people friendly. She also so far hates the vacuum. not sure yet what else she is afraid of.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Gracie is afraid of me frying ANYTHING, but only if she sees me get out a skillet. I rarely set the smoke alarm off, so I don't know what that's about, but I do remember setting it off once frying bacon. She gets on the couch behind her daddy and hides her face in the cushions.

Both of mine are terrified of the dryer buzzer. I keep it shut off but occasionally it gets turned on by accident, as I have alot of stuff sitting on top of it and moving things around can turn it on. Both will fly up the stairs and won't come down for hours!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Mr. Alvin, the head of the gang seemed fearless until the neighbors went firework crazy over Memorial Day. It took him an hour or so to calm down. The others come and go with various little things, but nothing that causes them to hang on to the fear. One other thing that is a bit odd...my newest boy Ziggy seems to fear smells. He got freaky when the oven smoked due to pizza making and some other food cooking disaster, and then again when I took him next door at work to meet the salon/spa gals (I guess all the hair & nail products that are so stinky) in which he shivered all over in my arms for the 1st time. Was fine when we went outside on all occasions....guess removing him from the offensive smells made it better.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Midgie has recently developed a fear of flying insects. She don't even want to stay outside anymore.
Aw, poor thing! Rudy likes to chase and eat flying insects. I'll send him Midgie's way. ;) That's ironic that is what she is scared of, isn't it? Aren't midgies those little flying bitey insects in the UK? When I visited Scotland they were everywhere!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts