Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is getting up,feeding the animals,having a cup of tea putting the xmas tree lights on,playing some carols to get me in the mood,opening 1 present from hubby ,about 11am having a coffee with brandy in it,preparing the dinner.Waiting for daughter and O/H to arrive,then open all presents with a Baccardi and coke in hand,then another drink.Have dinner then watch TV.Evening is turkey sandwiches with pickled onions ,more booze.Then always have to walk the dogs and see everybody's xmas lights and meet and greet all the other dog walkers,who seem to always go out the same time as us.:reindeer:

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
haha cuppa first too, 7 yo sees what santa brought, then he shows the dogs what they got as they sleep in the living room and see santa. then its a fry, my brother and his partner call in, i start dinner, noels collects his "adult" kids for an hour, hoping they dont bother this year! then my parents sister and niece come , exchange of pressies, have dinner around 4pm, the men go for asleep, we hit the baileys and baccardi. watch some tv, the men have more food. watch the soaps, everyone goes home by 10pm,

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Ours has changed a bit since my divorce, but in a good way. :D It starts out with my daughter getting up and opening her presents and me having to listen to her complaining about me having to film her and taking pictures ( UGH - preteens! :lol: ). Then I cook breakfast and my parents come over and we drive about an hour and a half to my aunts house (my Moms sister) where we have a gift exchange (we drew names on Thanksgiving) and eat a turkey and ham dinner around 2pm. If it's snowing we spend the night, otherwise we leave around 7pm and come back home, however in the last 3 years it hasn't snowed yet - it seems to always wait until the next week to start snowing there which really makes my daughter mad because she always misses it. I much prefer my post divorce Christmas' now though because now I don't have too cook, entertain and clean house because my aunt does it all. All I have to do is cook a couple of dishes to take up there. WooooHooooo Plus no whacky in-laws to contend with anymore. LOL

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Mines mental too get up about 6.30 let dogs out make a coffee abi opens presents from Santa then I will feed the dogs whilst she has her breakfast.. Get her bathed and dressed and myself, walk round to mums exchange more gifts put the turkey in (I cook at mums) some point pups wil have their presents then my sister will come round she having Xmas at her inlaws this week exchange presents with them finish the dinner eat dinner then walk the dogs to burn te fat off take my gran down the crem to see my granddads grave come back get dinner sorted open more presents!!! Go home watch a film lol same again on boxing day

All starts Wednesday as start entertaining my mates ad doing present exchanges then!!

Not th most relaxing of times

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
My parents and I celebrate on xmas eve >>>dinner, drinking and presents and just some family time.
Xmas day every year for the past 14 yrs I have worked Xmas morning which once again I will be doing this year. I don't have children other than the chi kids and kitty, so I usually give my employees with kids the day off. After work I spend quiet time with my honey and just enjoy a peaceful day with my hubby, pets and my xmas tree.

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
Will get up feed the dogs have a coffee and open a few presents with Neil, then mid morning will walk the chis over to mums and will do presents there with my mum, brother, SIL and niece as this year we are going to Neil's parents for dinner so will walk back home and let the dogs have lunch and then we will all go to his mum & dads where we have xmas dinner and spend the rest of the day his sister and her family will be there in the eve more present exchanging, boxing day will be back at his mums with my mum and more family

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
We rotate who hosts Christmas every year and this year it is MY turn. So I will have everyone here and we get to stay home instead of driving 4 hours to see relatives. That will be nice. Chloe comes home from college tomorrow and will be home for a month. We are picking up Courtney and her new boyfriend from the airport on Christmas Eve. (Flying in from VA). Will go to the Christmas eve service at church at 6pm and then back to our house for a lasagna dinner. Will open most of the presents. Christmas morning the kids (we will have 3 this year with the addition of the boyfriend) open their stockings and their santa present and then the relatives start coming. I will have our Christmas dinner around noon and they we watch football and play games and visit in the afternoon. Everyone will leave to go home around 7pm. Can't wait!! :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Our christmas is crazy, and it gets crazier every year.

Up at whenever my youngest sister wakes up (usually around 6am), let the cats out the kitchen and the dogs out into the garden while Tiffany gets her presents from Santa and I make Tea and Coffee, Detangle at least 2 of the cats from the christmas tree (and I suspect this year detangling the puppy too), Tea again, Get washed and dressed, groom and put dogs into their xmas suits, Make more tea because the last one will have gone cold, it always does, then so long as its after 8am feed the dogs, Then get dinner on (turkey cooks overnight, so anything else gets done now), then presents, more teas, then my grandparents and some of my uncles come round for dinner and they get their presents... And after that who knows - Most likely Singstar all afternoon, then walk the dogs in the evening.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Rob & I usually get up take care of/feed the dogs, then open our presents then around 10 or 11am go to my parents house where we have breakfast (Finn & Hatti) and then open presents there as well, then usually hang out with the family for a bit, go and visit his Mom, and then come home and chill for the evening.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine is always different. This year I am hoping for a bit of a lie-in. doutful.. and then for the furkids and OH to go for a walk then to open pressies and make dinner OH wants to smoke a turkey so it will be easier on meYAY!!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Get up between 5:30 & 6; try to make the coffee before the 5 year olds get up; Get camera ready for big moment when they discover the presents. After presents, make breakfast, feed Midgie--Clean up kitchen only to dirty again by starting dinner (Ham and sides; brother and OH bringing turkey and sides). My dad and OH and Brother and OH come over (although my brother has said for the past 3 years he wants to spend Christmas eve at my house so he could see the joy in my girls face when they get up Christmas morn.; don't know if he will this year). Eat, watch t.v. and eat some more. Everyone goes home about 7 pm or 8.

·
Registered
285 Posts
We have been doing the same thing since my son was born(14 years ago) with just a few changes. I get up and feed the dogs and let the bird out of his cage. By 9am I wake up my son(used to be up at 6am but now have to force him lol). We all get dressed and head over to my mom's house to open presents(the three of us, my mom and brother). This year her new boyfriend and son are joining us(not looking forward to it). We have brunch by 11am(eggs,bacon and home fries) and hang out until about 1pm. Then we usually run home and check on the dogs before going to the in laws around 2pm. Sometimes we take the dogs with us. We open presents, have dinner around 4pm. Leave to go home by 7. Feed the dogs when we get home and for the rest of the night relax on the couch with the dogs.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
get up at around 8.00
dress the dogs and myself
dogs unwrap there pressies as does mum and dad.
cook dinner
eat dinner
boyfriend comes over
we go to his mums
unwrap our presents together.
late night watching telel and playing with xmas pressies
bed..and all statrts again boxing day x

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
My husband and I are alone (we are 55). There's no family around so it's pretty low key. Just a little bit better than a regular day because we have a Christmas tree up and have a Christmas dinner and the chis have their presents!:reindeer::santa:

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
My hubby and I will be alone this Christmas :(:( It is going to be the first ever holiday I have not been with my family. My hubby does not fly, and we cannot drive up to CA. right now to see them, so we will have to visit on the phone Christmas day :) We will go and visit in the Spring:)
Christmas day I'm breaking tradition and making enchiladas instead of ham or turkey:)
Exciting day! LOL!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
We start our fun christmas eve. We have a special Christmas eve church service to sing, light a candle and focus on what Christmas is really about for us, which is the birth of Christ.
Then we get together , usually at my sisters as she has the biggest house, with her and her hubs and her 5 kids. There will be a boyfriend and a fiance included with that group this year ;), and me, my hubs and our 3 kids and my mom and dad. Not looking like mom will be able to join us this year though :( She will prob still be in hospital. We have a simple meal and exchange gifts. My sis and i don't buy for eachothers kids anymore just too much $.
We buy for our parents and they do for us and the kids.
Christmas Morning we get up , i set up videocam and the kids see what they got from santa ;) I put a breakfast casserole in the oven that i have prepared night before. And it bakes while we open our presents to eachother.
I have my parents over for Christmas dinner and desserts and they check out the kids "stuff" and hubby usually makes a fire :) Usually alot of video games go on during the evening. lol Exhausting for sure, but a whole lotta fun! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts