Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does yor Chi carry their ears and does anybody else have a Chi with Jack Russell ears??:D
Heidi took ages to decide what to do with her ears and I think has now decided on keeping all 3 looks!!:) Her ears are so thin that how she carries them depends on how warm they are and the blood flow in them.
When out and alert she has typical perky up ears, when she has been all warm and cosy under the duvet they are flopped over and quite alot they seem to bend backwards like a terrier.:confused:
She def has no terrier in her and is all Chihuahua shaped but her ears (at one and a half yrs) seem to do their own thing.LOL:rolleyes:

Does anybody else's Chi ever have folded back ears on occassion???:confused:

·
Registered
150 Posts
im not sure if this is what you mean but jax's ears are up most of the time and pinned straight back back when he's playing with our other dog.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not so much. (ok, Ive just googled dogs ears and a better example is how a greyhounds ears lie).
Her ears will stay like that for several hours when she is relaxed although they do stay upright someties too.:confused:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
When Hope wakes up in the morning we call her "floppy one ear". One ear is up (as they both are unless she is being naughty and then they are back) and the other is flopped down like when she was younger. Sometimes that ear is flopped forward (kind of folded about half way down her ear), sometimes backward.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Glyns ears are up all the time never fold down, go straight back when paying with the Shih`s though lol:p:p
Editing to say, If you see on profile pic Glyns got ears like Batman:D:D:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
generally Radleys ears are flopped over, when playing they are bolt up right, first thing in the morning 1 up 1 down (lol cute look) and when sleeping or sulking they are a bot of all three.
My partner commented and suggested he had jack russell or terrier in his blood but after meeting mum and dad and checking out history, he is certainly ALL CHI. :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
I loved darcys ears when i first got him, they were all floppy and folded in half almost. Now they are up all the time unless I tell him off, then he gets that guilty look and folds them back. lol

lol, thats excactly how my randy is. his ears are even up when he is sleep, literally knock out cold. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's how my Chi's ears are! Hers are always straight up - until she's been sleeping, then they are floppy. Or she's in trouble then they go straight back. Silly puppies. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
That's how my Chi's ears are! Hers are always straight up - until she's been sleeping, then they are floppy. Or she's in trouble then they go straight back. Silly puppies. :)

lol... :)

·
Registered
150 Posts

salems ears never went up, although i actually prefer him this way he looks like a 5 yr old puppy ;)

unless he's doing this:

which makes me giggle EVERY time

·
Registered
384 Posts
awww very cute pics of salem. how old is he?
and lol his ears are blowing in the wind @2nd pic.

·
Registered
384 Posts
he just turned 5 this month :) he's now my pudgy boy on a diet ;)

lol awww. he doesnt look 5.

and i usually play with my randy's ear and make them flop, but they always pop right back up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
yea its the short nose and floppy ears, he's forever a puppy lol! I'm not sure why his ears never went up, i have a few pics of him when he was younger that they were up, and he actually looks like a chi. whenever i take him out i have to prop his ears up for people to believe me that he's a long haired chi lol!

·
Registered
384 Posts
yea its the short nose and floppy ears, he's forever a puppy lol! I'm not sure why his ears never went up, i have a few pics of him when he was younger that they were up, and he actually looks like a chi. whenever i take him out i have to prop his ears up for people to believe me that he's a long haired chi lol!

hahaha, well he really does look like a chi. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts