Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to bath Pebblz every two weeks. Is there a shampoo that you would recommend? I have been using people shampoo as most of the doggie shampoo is really expensive. However, I have been rethinking this as she is so little and wouldn't use very much. If it is very gentle on her skin and make her smell wonderful- I would buy it. I am heading to Petsmart and Petco this week so please help!

Davena

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I use Fresh 'n Clean shampoo for puppies. It's made by Lambert Kay and I got it at Petsupemarket. It's very gentle and has a nice clean frangrence to it. I also use the Fresh 'n Clean leave in creme rinse by the same company. It leaves Jasmine's coat so soft and silky and smells so fresh. The clean, fresh scent actually lasts for several days. It is really not expensive - believe it was about $6. for each bottle, but they are fairly large bottles and last a long time.

I've tried several brands of shampoo over the years, and this one is by far my favorite.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chimom- you are one of my favorite posters- always helpful! :) :)
I will look for it, I don't know if Petco or Petsmart will carry it. Have to see.

Davena

·
Registered
32 Posts
We had our shampoo made with a special scent at the Bath Junkie, in the Houston Texas area. They also have a website www.bathjunkie.com. This was just a fun thing to do for the dogs.. The Lambert Kay products are also good, you can also look at an oatmeal base shampoo as well. Have fun shopping for your baby.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just a warning.. it is possible to poison a puppy with people shampoo.
I learned this the hard way, not with Frasier, but another puppy a long time ago. The puppy did not die of shampoo poisoning but the vet told me that any type of human shampoo is potentially dangerous except for baby shampoo.

I like some of the more expensive puppy shampoos, but I typically just use human baby shampoo. I know it won't hurt him and it makes him smell yummy. It's also very cheap. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i am using a lavender and chamomile puppy shampoo. i can't think of who makes it (maybe hartz?) i got it at petsmart and i have a lavender creme rinse to go with it (i think it's a different company though) i get so many compliments about chiwi when i wash her, the scent lasts for almost 2 weeks and it makes her smell like candy! i got the lavender one cause of the aromatherapy properties, it's calming and soothing and i used a shampoo from gerber for my daughter when she was a baby that had lavender in it and i really think it helped calm and sooth her....

i use fresh and clean at work and clients loooove when they pick their dogs up from boarding and they smell like fresh and clean! i will be using that for chiwi when she is older.

·
Registered
936 Posts
just get tearless and ph balanced. oh and go to petsmart, they will take back anything unused or used if it didn't work out well.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i got special puppy-shampoo with rose-scent , but paris is a bit allergic to it i think !! she doesn't stop scratching afterwards....i now wash them with ultra-allergenic babyshampoo .

kisses nat

·
Registered
530 Posts
I tried a shampoo from PetSmart but Charlie was having dandruff problems so the vet recommended I buy my shampoo from them I got a shampoo and leave-in conditioner and it smells so good. After a bath I just want to hug Charlie and smell him...hmmm....he doesn't usually agree to that though, after a bath its time for zoomies lol :lol:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I am trying out Magic Coat Fresh Essence shampoo and conditioner. I dont care much for the scent but it deems to not make Tequila or Ginger get all red after.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
jlcase said:
I tried a shampoo from PetSmart but Charlie was having dandruff problems so the vet recommended I buy my shampoo from them I got a shampoo and leave-in conditioner and it smells so good. After a bath I just want to hug Charlie and smell him...hmmm....he doesn't usually agree to that though, after a bath its time for zoomies lol :lol:
did yu use hylyt or relief? i loved how my tasha bird would smell after i used relief on her! and now i wash a shepard with hylyt and i look forward to it every month!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
All our dogs are bathed with Hylyt shampoo and creme rinse (we get it ridiculously cheap!). We used to use Avoderm which is also great, and I prefer the way it makes their coat smell since Hylyt has a kind of coconut/oatmeal smell that I'm not too fond of =)

The groomer at our hospital uses a shampoo that smells fantastic, I'm going to ask her today what kind it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts