Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be getting our new baby in about a month, and I'm interested to know what shampoo your Chi likes to use? Have you tried any that you would NOT recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Nikki

·
Registered
448 Posts
im not sure exactly what type i use i cant think of the name off the top of my head but i will say my dog loves to shower, whenever i go to shower he jumps in with me

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I use "Puppy Love Shampoo" It's the Veterinary Formula and it's gentle and tearless. It's the only thing I have used with Chico and I'm very satisified with it. It makes his coat very smooth and soft, and it doesn't dry out his skin. I forgot where I got it, because it was so long ago. I think it was either Wal-Mart or Petco and it has a picture of a St. Bernard puppy on it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hartz with oatmeal, mario has a very shiny coat and it smells great.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i use hartz with lavender and chamomile for puppies, and i swear it has aromeatherapy benefits for her cause after a bath chiwi is soooo calm and sleeps so good.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
GGGRRRR I cant even finish the puppy shampoo yet over A YEAR LATER!!!! and now with TWO dogs! :shock:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've used plain baby shampoo for humans for over 15 years because it's safe, inexpensive, and smells so good for so long.

I got a hartz makeover kit and tried 3 shampoos from it.

1. Don't remember and don't care. Smell gone next day. Hair no more nicer than it would have been from baby shampoo.

2. Chiwi's shampoo. This one really dissapointed me because I wanted Frasier to smell really good until time for the next bath. Chiwi's mom says Chiwi always smells like candy. :) Didn't work for Frasier. I'm thinking maybe puppy body chemistry is different like humans so what smells good on one doesn't work on the other. Or maybe little puppy girls are really made of sugar and spice and everything nice, but Frasier is made of snails and puppy dog tails. :)

3. Hartz Botanicals soothing oatmeal. This one surprised me. I saved it for last; figured it was the most plain of all. It's been over 2 weeks since his last bath and he still smells awesome.

So now I'm torn between our regular baby shampoo and number 3. I'm thinking I'll rotate the two of them.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Frasier's Mommy said:
I've used plain baby shampoo for humans for over 15 years because it's safe, inexpensive, and smells so good for so long.

I got a hartz makeover kit and tried 3 shampoos from it.

1. Don't remember and don't care. Smell gone next day. Hair no more nicer than it would have been from baby shampoo.

2. Chiwi's shampoo. This one really dissapointed me because I wanted Frasier to smell really good until time for the next bath. Chiwi's mom says Chiwi always smells like candy. :) Didn't work for Frasier. I'm thinking maybe puppy body chemistry is different like humans so what smells good on one doesn't work on the other. Or maybe little puppy girls are really made of sugar and spice and everything nice, but Frasier is made of snails and puppy dog tails. :)

3. Hartz Botanicals soothing oatmeal. This one surprised me. I saved it for last; figured it was the most plain of all. It's been over 2 weeks since his last bath and he still smells awesome.

So now I'm torn between our regular baby shampoo and number 3. I'm thinking I'll rotate the two of them.
[email protected] sugar and spice reference! i have to admit the scent doesn't last very long on chiwi, maybe a week and a half whereas the fresh and clean i was using at work lasted some dogs for a month! i didn't get to use the oatmeal one on chiwi that i got in the pack, my groomer friend came over to do 2 of my shih tzu mixes and she forgot to bring shampoo so she used it on the other dogs and i liked it ok, the scent didn't last on them, so i think frasier's mama is right with different chemistry for different dogs :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
chi bathing

I use Avons Skin so soft Bubble Bath. You have a variety of scents to choose from and it does wonders. Takes the yellow out of my white chis coat and shines my fawn.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was using Phytosoin shampoo for puppies but since Lolita got her bald spots after getting her first bath with it...I stopped using it....I haven't bathed them since that incident...(2 months ago) cus I am afraid the shampoo could have caused her skin infection. They don't smell bad yet....so I rather wait a little bit longer til she gets better. I got this new shampoo "Gentle Shampoo for Puppies and Sensitive Skin/Hot Dog" by fruits and passion....it has aloe, lauryl, chamomilla, orange and bamboo. It smells so good...I can't wait to use it...i hope is gentle enough for Lolita.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.