Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am, a journalism student at university for the past 18 months and the more I do it the more I am disliking it.
I live at home with my parents but with the exception of food in the fridge and a roof over my head I provide for myself as my parents dont have all that much money cause my mum cant work due to a hand injury and my dad is a self-employed painter so work isnt always there.
I have a job at Big W but despite putting in for more hours, I get 3.5 hours a work a week! And this has been going on for over a month now! I cannot support myself on the $40 a week that gives me. Once a fortnight $30 of that goes towards fuel. I think I may have to start walking everywhere. I have $10 to live on for the next 3 weeks and wont be able to afford fuel because I didnt work this week (shift clashed with a uni exam) and I have one 3.5 hour shift on Monday.

So all this has got me thinking: Maybe its time I throw in uni and my crappy job and get a full time job (Id hope to get a vet nurse traineeship) and move into a place of my own in 6-9 months?
But to me thats not a really easy decision to make. To me its life changing and down right scary!

What should I do? I am so confused!!!! And how much does vet nursing pay? Ive heard its not all that good.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I could suggest a bike! I would stick with the uni if you are happy training for a vet. If it were me I would push for more work!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
how much longer do you have to go to uni ? another 18 months ?

i would stick with the uni !! you're going to regret it otherwise and you throw away the 18 months you went !

i would search for a better job .......like babysitting or walking dog service or something :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Yeah why cant you get a better job. my 16 yr old works more than that!! How about a grocery store, even a fast food place, that is insane 3.5 hours. :shock:

I understand your frustration - the bike sounds like a good idea in the meantime.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I think if you could just stick out another 18 months you have finished uni and you will have a great job! i think you will really regret it if you pack it in! all that time will be wasted for nothing. I too suggest a bike or your walking boots lol! maybe find another better job in the mean time.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Okay nobody shoot or yell at me for this. I think that if you are unhappy with uni & its not what you really want to do anymore then you have to do what is best for you. Yes it would be ashame to throw away all those hours you put in but if you are truly not happy then you are wasting your time in a whole other way. If its just about money then try to get a better job that will give you more hours or try the bike if that is an option. Life is very hard & no decision is ever easy just folow what is in your heart & do what is best for you only you know what will make you happy & remember we all make mistakes at one time or another a bad decision just opens another door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts