Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys i need some advice. Without going into detail our vacation plans got messed up...kids are frantic that they aren't going to get to go anywhere, etc.
Hubby has next wk off and i have been DESPERATELY looking for a pet friendly condo to rent almost anywhere but mainly by ocean and coming up with nada.
I did find one place for a great great price that is exactly what we wanted. One problem is that they only allow for one dog. Well obviously i'm bringing leila and finn both. My hubby says book it and not tell them but im worried we'll get caught and kicked out or something. I need to make a decision really quickly like in the next hr so ..... advice please.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Call them and tell them you have very small housetrained dogs. Total weight is 10 pounds. Sometimes those rules apply because they don't want you bringing 2 labs into the house, etc.

If you explain they are small dogs, they might make an exception. Tell them you would gladly pay a pet deposit also. I bet they will let you bring both of them and then you won't be nervous wondering if someone is going to see you with both, having to feel sneaky, etc.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Can you call and ask? LOL I'd just bring them both personally...the number of times I brought 5 or 6 to a hotel instead of "2" I can't count. I probably wouldn't worry ... but that's me.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tracy I called this one a few days ago and told her and thats when she told me only one dog. :( I did tell her their sizes.
I actually called that number today by accident it was listed on another site and i recognized her voice and she told me about the same room.
FInn won't need to leave the room as he is too young and pad trained, leila is the only one that will go outside. But i have literally checked like 5 states and there is nothing no where on this late notice.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im just worried they may bark or something while were gone and then someone would maybe notice two diff barks....i know im paranoid lol. Im not the rulebreaker type haha. I dont know if they bark when were out i dont think they do though. Finn someimes yaps in the morning a bit though but hes better

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
If you do decide to bring both of the dogs, just be sure and never leave them in the place by themselves. Barking will surely draw attention to them. Take them with you. They are likely to bark their heads off in a strange place with all kinds of unfamiliar noises, etc.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Don't cancel your trip, Cheryl. Just bring both. Don't worry about it. They aren't going to kick you out once you are there. They probably won't even check. Just relax, book your trip, take both pups, and enjoy. : )

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
But wait, don't you have 3 or 4 dogs?

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I would just take them. I tend to ignore stupid rules. You have two tiny dogs that won't make a mess, what's their problem? lol I take Twiggy with me in her shoulder carrier and no even realizes I have a dog with me. If you need to take them both out, pop one in a carrier or your purse.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
If it's any help, all LaQuinta hotels allow pets, 2 per room, no extra fees. : )

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Google, "pet friendly accommodations/hotels" in what ever area you are going.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Or go look at vrbo.com Cheryl. Lots of good deals and beautiful places to stay that take dogs in every state. We've used them alot and never stayed at a bad place. Much better and nicer than a hotel and just about the same price too for many of them!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I would just take them both personally. :) Good luck finding a place, Cheryl. I think googling pert friendly hotel is a great suggestion. Let us know how it goes for you. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Do you have an ~price range? Just asking because I know Destin, FL allows pets, is beyond beautiful and is straight beach living but they get pricy this month.

My in-laws rented a condo in FL for next month but I don't recall what city, i'll shoot her a text and see.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts