1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I would say you want to get her the b vest style, not the a harness style as pictured in your link...they have this pattern in that though, its one of the ones I have for Oakley.

That said, it will be a goooooo long time before that fits her though. Oakley's is still a bit loose and she's around 3 lbs 9 ounces, even when I fasten the velcro as tight as it'll go =)

You may want to go with a b vest style in the mesh as that one comes in XS and will fit her around when she can probably start waking. They only make the B vest style in the XS in the mesh though, not in any of the patterns.

The B vest harness is here: http://southpawpetsupply.com/sobveha.html ... pink is very pretty in real life...very rich and bubble-gummy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Beau has the harness in blue and is only just fitting into the xs now and he is 3.2lbs. If it's too big she will get her leg caught in it when she walks like Beau did! It's a fantastic harness so if I were you I would get it in xs and for the first couple of weeks until she's grown into it, get a puppy training harness that has adjustable neck and body straps so she can practice walking on lead as soon as possible. That's what we did with Beau :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought an xs in the b style hoping it would fit but to my dismay it does not...waayyy too big:( I think it was parkavenuedogs.com that someone here suggested for a harness that was custom made. I think you would do much better with one of those for now.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I think the XS mesh step in will fit her soon. It fits about 3/3.5 lbs. Any less it will be too big, and more it will be too small. But the small would be way too big for now.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
No just normal fabric.. stretchy would be too hard to cover the webbing with and would cause it to ruck and look silly.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Daisy those look like the ones from that parkavenuedog.com website or which ever it is. I was considering one of those, but I'm so worried about VELCRO! Doesn't anyone worry about their chi getting out of it and maybe bolting on a walk or something??

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Puppia step ins have velcro on them.. velcro is pretty sturdy and to be honest if your pup is well enough trained it won't do any bolting whatsoever. We have a few harnesses (not just home made ones) and i've never had any problems with her bolting..

As babys they don't really want to explore alone they want to make sure mummy protects them from the scary world.

Cherper pinkaholic also do harnesses which fit the teeny tinies (like jade) you would have to measure leila tho

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ah, yeah. I was just asking because Sugar was a bolter... She would yank sometimes and I always had her leash wrapped around my arms and up into my elbow and all that. But good to know! ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts