Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lady i got my second chi from sold him to me because she could not take care of him any more she works alot when i first got him she call twice a day for two weeks. Every time she see him she breaks down in tears.she makes comments like do you want to spend the weekend with me or says i use to do this or that with him. i dont want to be rude to her but i cried when i had to drop him off for x-ray at 8 in the morning and could not pick him up until 5 i payed my money i dont want to share him like we are divorced parents!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
well

There are a few things you can do.. ignore her calls.. :lol: easiest option but you might not wanna be mean.. I think she is just having trouble adjusting to losing her "baby" giver her time i think she will stop
good luyck
kisses and licks
roie and scoot

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Wow I don't blame you. That would be very strange. Is is possible to just avoid the person long enough for them to take a hint :roll:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I think she is just having a hard time letting go. it happens when people get attached to pets and then suddenly have to give them up. just try to avoid her and hopefully she'll get the hint, and it might be easier for her too. if there's no way she can see the chi, then she has no choice BUT to move on.

·
Registered
683 Posts
:( Thats a shame for the lady, it must be terrible having to give your baby up i think she is just feeling it! You should try to speak to her about maybe say that it must be confusing the dog because he's at a new home and then his old owner is coming and going - tell her you want the dog to know he belongs to you!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
yeah i feel for that lady too ...but she has to know when enough is enough .....she's going a bit overboard here.
just tell her how you feel ...if she doesn't understand, then try to ignore her

kisses nat

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Awww its ashame but it would be easier if she just stopped for a while maybe tell her this and say that you will email her pics etc once a month or something :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Being in the middle...

I know it was hard for her to give up her Chi, but it is also hard for you to deal with her attitude. But it is also hard for the Chi - not knowing where to belong.

My daughter's dog Wally is a Schnauzer mix, 20#. She lives in the same apartment complex that I do. Wally comes and goes from both apartment with no apparent problem (I've been in his life from the beginning.) However, My Chi Dobbie can't totally understand why Wally is there sometimes, and not at others. Also, when Lee comes to take Wally home, Dobbie doesn't understand why he can't go along.

The really funny things is this: My daughter worked for the Houston SPCA when Dobbie was relinquished by his former owner. She called me and told me there was this great little dog there and I should come see him after he was put up for adoption. In the meantime (for about a week of observation), she talked to him and gave him some attention. When I adopted Dobbie, it was a work day for her so she was there. Her dog Wally was at my apartment so she had to come by after work and pick up Wally. Dobbie immediately went into the "happiness mode", jumping around, wanting her to play with her, etc. To this day, over 14 months later, he still goes bonkers when she comes over. Does he think he belongs to her? Is he showing his gratitude? Does he remember that she "rescued" him? It just makes me wonder.

·
Registered
510 Posts
That is so strange. Poor woman having to give up her dog like that. But she choose to sell the dog so she needs to understand she no longer has rights to the dog anymore. You are not the dog babysitter the the new owner. And that poor baby won't understand untill it spends all it's time with you and not that other lady.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To top it off i ask her for his regersation papers she said i am sending them off this week i dont know if she is sending in my name or hers i don't want to be pushy because i don't know if i legally own him or not all i have is a stack of vet bill!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can relate to both sides on this, I had to find a new home for my little boy and I still miss him terribly it wasn't something that I wanted to do but didn't have any other option.
The lady that he went to promised to send pictures and everything but I have yet to see any and I am no sure I should ask as I don't want to overstep I know he belongs to her now BUT it would be nice to know that he is doing well. What to do?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts