Chihuahua People Forum banner

what tricks can your chi do?

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Cooper 
#1 ·
i came up with this topic while sitting in my room and i kept hearing "boom" "boom" :scratch: so i'm looking around and by this point jamoka looks up and around and at me, as to say "what's that " so i paid it no mind went back to wacthing tv. then again "boom" "boom" so i opend the door and Jemini comes walk'n in and gave me this look like "what took you so long?!" and went to lay down! So i coudn't help but laugh! :lol:

so I jusr found out that Jemini knows how to knock on the door
roll over
more to come i'm sure!

Jamoka can stand for a long time to get food
sit on his hind legs for 5 mins!
knock on the door as well
he makes me do things i say i'm not going to do !
so what tricks do your chi's do?

#3 ·
Cooper can do lots of "tricks". It's easier to list them than to talk about them.

Sit, lay down, jump up, common obedience class commands.
He can dial 911, unlock and open the front door and direct medical personel to where I am - basic assistance dog commands.
Off and on leash, he knows the following commands: heel, stop (used before crossing a street), wait (waiting on cars to pass before crossing), come, fetch, say hi (where he greets someone by going to them so they can pet him), go home (he will go home if we are on our street.. running down the sidewalk to our house and then sits and waits for me).
He will also wag his tail, give kisses and prance on command.
His favorite thing to do is to take his treats out of my mouth when I pretend like I'm eating them but the moment I say something like "hey, I was eating that" he will bring it back to me and drop it in my lap... unless it's a Greenie LOL
Possibly his best trick is how he can talk someone into giving him free beer or coffee though. :lol:

#5 ·
Martini is really eager to learn, he picks up new behaviors in no time at all, I've just been so busy lately I haven't had the time to work with him on new things.

Currently he can:
Sit - Sitting, obviously.
Lie down - Again, obvious.
High-five - He'll target my hand with his paw, wherever it is. If it's too high, he'll jump for it.
Speak - He never barks for this one, it's a whiny yodeling sound.. very funny.
Let go - When we're playing with his toys, he'll play tug of war with it until I ask him to let go.
Go lay down - he runs to wherever his crate is and stays in it until I call him.. probably the most handy trick he'll ever learn!

Things I want to teach him soon:
Know his toys by name and bring them to me when I ask for them.
Chase his tail on command (he does this ALL the time on his own)

#6 ·
Let's see Sybil is my command dog. She will sit, lay down and hide her eyes. She will speak and wave. She will knock on the door to do outside and come in. She knows, want to ride in big truck and find the wizards (which are lizards in the back yard) She will also check the wizard tree. She will clean the babies ears on command and she will kiss on command.

#8 ·
hmm vixies tricks:

my most favorite is her pickpocketing skills: this was NOT a taught behaviour. if you leave a purse, bag, anything on the floor, she has learnt how to unzip it enough to get her head inside, at which point she will find any item she thinks her mama will enjoy. at which point she pulls the item out and brings it to me, and either puts it in my lap or drops it at my feet. and yips to tell me she brought me something.
her fave things so far: $100 bill, keys, coins, any kind of paper money, mirror, anything shiney.

another pirating skill we developed is she can climb rope ladders/rope nets. but again she did this on her own and i just taught her to do it when i say "climb the riggin"

(now you see why shes a pirate pup)

other neat things she does:
sit
down
ask (more of a whimper than a bark)
off (for off furniture off people ect)
Smooches (lots of kisses)
sit pretty
Ya Commin? (basically come and heal all at once)
bring the mail (she fetches the mail/post)
bedtime (she rolls over belly scratches, then jumps on the couch and then into my arms (she wont go down the stairs))
find it
kill the pillow monster:(more of a game than a trick) someons hand under the pillow moving and scratching. she waits and looks at me till i say "kill the pillow monster" at which point she dives on the pillow and tries to dig through it lol.
fetch
wait
whered ya go: (another game like command for if i cant see her, i say whered ya go and shell come running!)
quiet (stop barking emidiatly)
round (spin round in a circle/chase tail)

she also naturally alerts to my seizures and knows to stay by my during this time and to wake me. also to guard me form anyone NOT in a uniform.

im working on paw
roll over
and stop begging right now.

shes very smart and im hoping shell teach dodger all these fun tricks too.

#9 ·
Well, so far Mo only knows "Go to your bed", and "time to go potty"(he runs to the door). I've been working on the basic "sit "command, but he is so excited about the treat he keeps hopping up and down :lol: . I have his sister's show him, but that just makes him more frantic for the treat!

#10 ·
tyke knows a little bit...i want him to do every trick in the book :)

this is what tyke alredy could do when i got him

Sit
Here
lie down
stay
ask for more (bye opening his mouth and waving his front legs over his face)

over the last 4 months he has learnt

heel: stop and sit when crossing the road
Dance on commed
We live in a top floor flat so he now goes to the door and barks when he wants wee wee :)
Off: for when he sits on my magazine im reading :roll:
he knows words such as walkies he will go and wait buy the door
din dins means food time..lol he will run to the kitchen
cuddles: he comes under my arm
belly rubs: he will lie on his back
kiss: kisses my nose
in your bed (only when hes bad)

At the moment i am teaching him to

Fint it: find hes chew chew
paw: to lift his paw
Roll over: this is taken me forever!
Hide his eyes
and my sister is trying to get him jumping through a hope :)

star x

#12 ·
foxywench said:
my most favorite is her pickpocketing skills: this was NOT a taught behaviour. if you leave a purse, bag, anything on the floor, she has learnt how to unzip it enough to get her head inside, at which point she will find any item she thinks her mama will enjoy. at which point she pulls the item out and brings it to me, and either puts it in my lap or drops it at my feet. and yips to tell me she brought me something.
her fave things so far: $100 bill, keys, coins, any kind of paper money, mirror, anything shiney.
Umm.... can I borrow Vixie for a few hours? LOL I'll let you keep Cooper as collateral and I promise to bring her back when I get enough $$.

#14 ·
chiwi can sit and give paw (well more like 85 percent of the time lol)

she is getting "drop it" down pretty good. and she is a great little pointer (but i don't take credit for that, her guardian angel dog sister taught her that.)

she also talks. she says "good girl" "i love you" and "cockadoodle doooo" and also sings along with me when i sing.

#15 ·
When I first got Lily I thought it would be nice to teach her some tricks, build up her confidence, give us some bonding time. I started with "gimme paw" and the poor girl was so confused, she was almost shell shocked after about 10 minutes. :shock: I think she thought she was being reprimanded. It's possible I'm just a bad teacher (naaaah :lol: ) but I decided she didn't need the added stress.

So she doesn't know a single trick. I mean, if I pat the couch she'll jump up on it but is that really a trick? And when we're out walking, if I say "C'mere Lily" (not "Come here, Lily," to which she does not respond at all) she stops dead in her tracks. That's good cuz then I can adjust her harness or pick her up or pour cool water on her head if it's really hot out. And when I put both hands out in front of me, palms mostly straight up, she knows that means I want to pick her up and she turns her back to make it easier for me to grab her. But these are not things I've intentionally taught her.

#16 ·
Rachael Polachek said:
When I first got Lily I thought it would be nice to teach her some tricks, build up her confidence, give us some bonding time. I started with "gimme paw" and the poor girl was so confused, she was almost shell shocked after about 10 minutes. :shock: I think she thought she was being reprimanded. It's possible I'm just a bad teacher (naaaah :lol: ) but I decided she didn't need the added stress.

So she doesn't know a single trick. I mean, if I pat the couch she'll jump up on it but is that really a trick? And when we're out walking, if I say "C'mere Lily" (not "Come here, Lily," to which she does not respond at all) she stops dead in her tracks. That's good cuz then I can adjust her harness or pick her up or pour cool water on her head if it's really hot out. And when I put both hands out in front of me, palms mostly straight up, she knows that means I want to pick her up and she turns her back to make it easier for me to grab her. But these are not things I've intentionally taught her.
Omg Bella backs up to be picked up too that's so funny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.