Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a man who lives on the ground floor of the small 2 story block of flats on our road. He keeps 2 black labradors, which in itself is not ideal in a flat with no garden. I have witnessed him shouting at his dogs out in the street many times and although I've been a bit disconcerted at the volume of his shouting I haven't thought too much about it.

The other week at about 10pm on a Sunday I heard alot of really aggressive and abusive yelling coming from out in the street. It sounded like someone was being or was about to be attacked so I looked out of our bedroom window to see what was happening. I saw this man dragging one of his dogs off the street and into his front yard, all the time yelling at it 'You f***ing do what I tell you, you f***ing well do what I tell you!' at the top of his voice. He then proceeded to hit the dog several times. I'm not talking smacks on the bum here, he was raising his arm right over his head and properly walloping the dog, and he's a big guy so it wouldn't have been a light impact. He then dragged the dog into his flat, still yelling all the time, and slammed the door.

I was really shaken by it. I know people smack their dogs, but the sheer anger and aggression of it was shocking, it was like witnessing an assault- which I suppose is what it was really. So I did something I have never done before and reported him to the RSPCA. I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do, but I thought I would tell them what I saw and then leave it to them to decide what to do about it.

They sent an inspector to his flat and the inspector called me afterwards to let me know the outcome of the visit. Essentially he said that the dogs were in good health and didn't appear to be afraid of the man. He said that the man was very upset that he had been reported, and he had said that although he does shout at his dogs to 'stop them from running in the road' he has never hit them. The inspector said that if he had been a 'bit overzealous' hopefully the visit would make him think twice in future about how he reacts with his dogs.

Ok fine. For a week all seemed quiet. However, the last 3 nights in a row I have heard the yelling again out in the street, and although I am not one to get too over-excited about this sort of thing I honestly am really disturbed by how aggressive and abusive he gets. I haven't looked out of the window again because I'm scared that I will see him hitting the dogs again and won't know what to do about it, I've already reported him and he has lied to the RSPCA (obviously he's not going to admit to it) so without proof there's not much else they can do. I am also paranoid that although the report to the RSPCA is anonymous he has guessed or will guess that it was me that reported him.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
He wiill never know it was you who reported him they will never tell him.I reported a family who left a german shepperd puppy out in the garden all the time,they also said they had a word with them and there was nothing they could do,as it was well fed luckily they found the puppy a home,otherwise my friend and i would have done something.Does he get drunk ? maybe have a word with the council is it council flats ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think they are council, I know lots of them are private as there's been several 'To Let' signs recently so probably not, and the rest of the street is all private housing. He may well be getting drunk, he certainly sounds out of control!

I have thought about trying to film/record but not sure how to do it really, our house is along the road a bit from these flats and I'd have to try to film discretely otherwise my cover really would be blown!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
That is sickening!
I would have done the same about this.
I have reported someone hitting their dog hard with the leash several times outside Tesco, cause the dog had ran away from him.
The poor dog was actually hiding between 2 cars before he found him and was shaking in fear of the creep.
My man and i saw the whole thing from our car, so went over and gave him a piece of our mind, while he was standing in the doorway of the shop waiting on his wife.
Other people saw this aswell and saw us telling him off, but didnt want to get involved.

Then we actually followed the guy home (he lived quite near us) and i called the SSPCA.
They said they went and spoke to the man, but again didnt do much.

I agree about filming this lowlife in action, and hopefully then the RSPCA will do something, like maybe take the poor dogs off of him and make sure he never owns animals again!!
Scum like that need a taste of their own medicine too!!
I was very close to taking the leash off that creep that day and wacking him with it believe me!
Dont be afraid to report him again, something needs to be done, cause those poor dogs cant speak for themsleves.
They wont know it was you, cause any number of people will have heard and saw him.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
You can park your car facing his house so you can film from the privacy of your car. The neat thing about cameras is they have a zoom lense so you don't have to be close to get it on film. I praise you for acting on this. Not enough people do because they don't believe anyone will do anything & all though nothing may be done about this--at least it's on record for any future issues with this ---hole.
I called the local police the other day about this family not getting their dog spayed & not feeding her, letting her roam the neighborhood. They're house burnt down (which I don't think was an accident) & they're living elsewhere, but the dog still here, just had or is getting ready to have a litter. The police told me flat out there's nothing they can do. This dog is really sweet, but she has some pit bull in her & almost killed a stray I was taking care of back in March. Nobody wants to do anything for these animals until they hurt someone & it makes me sick.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
if you cant record him , just keep ringing the rspca, and ringing and ringing.this has to stop,you dont know what else is going on inside closed doors. some dogs are so loyal the still love their owners even if they are beaten its the only contact they get.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Yes video tape him with a camcorder.
Borrow one from a friend if you have to.
Pictures speak louder then words!!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I would try to video tape him that way you have proof. He should not own dogs. We've actually had a few clients hit their dogs while in our Vet clinic :-( Makes me mad.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I would report him definitely. I'm not scared to report anybody. I've reported some nasty woman who lived near me who shouldn't have been a mother....without a thought and I'd definitely do it for a dog.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts