Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I have contacted the pet store about that and they basically said bring him back and we will refund your money.
That's exactly how they wiggle out of paying vet bills. Most people are already attached and couldn't take them back. To me, at least in FL and VA, it's very rare to get a full Chi at a pet store for $250. From a breeder, possibly, but not from a pet store. Did you sign any contracts with the pet store? What would you report to the BBB? It sounds like the only thing you can complain about it that he's not what you purchased, i.e. a full bred Chi, that is if your vet is absolutely positive he's not a full Chi. The pet store I would think would have records on where he came from. Unfortunately for a legal standpoint, pets are considered "property". If you were to go the BBB or court for the vet bills, the judge would say that you return the "property" and you'll get a "new" one so to speak. You wouldn't go to a store, buy a shirt, come home and realize it had a bad stitch in it and expect the store to let you keep the bad shirt and get a new one. I have learned one thing though, word of mouth is VERY powerful. Be sure to tell your friends and even strangers about your situation with the pet store and let the pet store know that if they don't want to at least give you half back for the vet bills then you'll just tell your friends and family the problem you experienced with the pet store. Good luck and keep us posted. I'm so glad to hear that Corky is doing fine now. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts