Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with Gizmo and all chihuahua pups being so small but so full of life I am at a loss as to good toys that are good for her size.

So what's a good toy? What have you lot used when they were pups that have been the right size and a hit with you babies?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Cat toys mostly. There are a few dog toys that are smaller, but we use a lot of cat toys for Zoey. Her favorite toy is a faux fur ball that's about the size of a tennis ball.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I do a lot of cat toys too. They do have some big dog toys, but I choose based on the weight of the toy. If it's big but light, it's OK. If it's big (or little for that matter) but heavy, I don't get it because they're not going to play with it. Neither of them like any toy that's so heavy they can't pick it up and run with it. It's actually really funny to see them trotting down the hall with toys that are bigger than they are lol! but I have to be careful with Tango....if it's the "right" shape, and large enough, he'll start humping it!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My two love soft squeeky toys - Even if they're bigger than them! Maisie loves tiny balls too, especially cat ones as theyre the right size for her

·
Registered
285 Posts
My girls have always loved plush toys. When Bailey was a puppy she had this really small duck and frog. Her favorite toy is a moose/reindeer plush that I had bought for my first chi. It was the only thing I kept when I lost him. It is the one toy the others do not dare to play with.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Maya loves her small stuffed toys, and her mini tennis ball is great for fetching. She also loves the cat's mice toys! I also give her organic applesticks (they are baked for my chinchilla) and she loves to chew on them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My babies like mostly very soft toys ... stuffed animals, things like that ... they both also LOVE squeaky toys and small tennis balls to chase after.

Kat

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts