Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went up to our cabin in Tahoe this weekend and the mornings and evenings were quite chilly! We go up a lot and it's only going to get colder! We love taking long walks in the forest! What is a good brand for a warm, well fitting jacket or coat! The one I have was a gift and it's very adorable, but more of a novelty than to actually keep her warm!! Thanks for any suggestions!!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
I would recommend getting one that doesn't have any sleeves. I think most dogs are a lot more comfy in the coats with no sleeves and then you can layer underneath and put on a thermal shirt with sleeves, like the ruff ruff couture thermal shirts or the hip doggie thermal shirts.

I have that exact puppy angel coat for Minnie ( that Christie posted a link to ) in a different color and I love it on her. its warm and comfy and I love how it has that zipper part to put the harness thru so they can wear it underneath the coat.

doggie couture is having a sale right now ... its 35% off and the code is Labor. the sale will end at midnight on Wednesday ( tomorrow ) :cool:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Perfect info! I never even thought of layering! Duh! I am still so new to all this dog clothing having always had big dogs that didn't need help keeping warm!! Corona says thanks for the help!! Mommy is learning but she is still a little chi illiterate!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Layers for sure. As it gets super cold here, I put a t-shirt on, a fleece, THEN an outer layer that is waterproof.

I really like the Zack and Zoey nor-easter as an outer layer, and I have an EZYdog coat as well that I am fond of.

I wish ruffwear was small enough, but they aren't. My larger dog uses ruffwear gear all winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts