Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im once again in a dinner rut Im soooo tired of eating the same ol stuff..tonight I worked late so I made a frozen pizza yummy huh? I like simple meals that dont reqiuire a ton of ingredients but yet tastes good..I am constantly on food sites looking for easy to make kid friendly meals..

so...what did you have for dinner?

·
Registered
355 Posts
We're planning burgers for tonight (veggie burger for me), but one other thing we like is just a simple whole-wheat pasta, lots of extra (frozen or fresh) veggies, Paul Newman's Pasta Sauce - hubby adds meat and cheese to his, I add soy sausage and soy cheese to mine. Super fast, super healthy and super delicious! He goes to school one night a week and we don't eat until he gets home, so something fast is always good! You can even boil up a mess of pasta the night before, fridge it and just "revive" it with boiling water the next day. Toss your sauce and go!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Smothered Pork Chops and Rice!

It's not the healthiest thing for you but it's SUUUPER easy and c-h-e-a-p, i'm actually making it tonight!

I make it cajun style with creole seasoning and such, but you can make it just about any flavor you want.

I brown my chops and set them aside, then I crush up garlic, mince onion and green bell pepper and brown that up in a little oil, slowly incorporate flour and begin making a roux, add a little water to loosen it up (you can use a brown gravy packet if you don't know how to make roux), seasonings, put the pork chops back in and bake it off in the oven (cast iron) for an hour or so. Serve over steamed rice :]

I'm ALWAYS making new dishes :] I pretty much live for cooking new things and always improving old ones, we should trade notes!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im in love with the kraft food website & the betty crocker one they have some simple yummy meals on there..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Try also the Food Network website (foodnetwork.com) - especially Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals (under the Quick & Easy pull down). Hubby and I are always downloading recipes from there - we have a tabbed 3-ring binder we keep them in.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Oh jeez use Allrecipes.com - it's the BEST!

If I have chicken or pork chops or whatever laying around I just type in chicken and a couple other ingredients and it gives me a recipe to fit what I want, or I can just browse. I LOVE it because of all the reviewers, they always tell you what to change to make the meal de-lish.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Try also the Food Network website (foodnetwork.com) - especially Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals (under the Quick & Easy pull down). Hubby and I are always downloading recipes from there - we have a tabbed 3-ring binder we keep them in.
I used to use Foodnetwork too, I just found it to not have as many helpful reviews but I definitely have the same binders of RR meals haha!

Couldn't stand her when I first started watching her, she's grown on me a bit. My mum got me her cookset for christmas a couple years ago and I haven't stopped cooking since, they're SO nice!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Beans and Franks...;) had hot dogs and no buns...but everything to make baked beans...soooo..LOL

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Going to the grocery store today to buy some fresh fish for dinner. also some green beans. i'd love to get alittle weight off Tootsie. i think she needs to go on the green bean diet. me too. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts