Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's me :? i'm serious. i stink! every day when i come home from work i reek. i smell like dirty smelly dog. i'm starting to really really consider the vet job as a full time thing. at first i was thinking i'll do both part time but today i heard a few words come out of my boss's mouth that were not acceptable. they don't bare repeating i'll just put it this way, those of you that know my taste in men and know that my daughter is biracial will understand what words can seriously offend me. :x i called the vet's today but the girl won't be back until monday. i wil call her first thing monday morning (it happens to be my day off) and i will ask if i can go there that day to chat about the job and see what she thinks of me. i hope she didn't already hire someone. but if she did that's fine i'll just let her know to keep my application on file for future reference. but the more i think about things the more aggravated i am about the groomer........

1. i stink
2. i think she's a racist
3. groomer's and animal caretakers don't mix :?

thanks for listening. hope i didn't stink up your computers too much..... time for a shower!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gadget's Mom said:
Oh Mandi (Ok is It I or Y)

I feel for you.. I wouldn't deal with a racist person either..... good luck with monday and the vet lady.
you can spell my name with an "i" or a "y' i spell it both ways......

i've even mentioned my daughter has ethnic backgrounds and i've mentioned what they were......

*sigh* i'm glad i can come here and talk to you all. lately i have no one to talk to about "mandi" i feel so alone. i try to turn to my mom to lend an ear and i get a quick sigh and sometimes an eye roll. she takes things out on me when they should be taken out on the people that pis.s her off... and forget it. ya kow when you have someone to share the details of your day with. i don't have that........

anyway. i showered but i still think i stink...... oh man it's like bleach ya know when you use it and you smell it for days after...eeek!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Im so sorry that shes a racist. Hope you know that you can talk to me about anything. O & I thought I smelled something when I logged on it smelled kinda like rid-a flea HA HA just kidding hope I made you smile!!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
i HATE racists!

I'll admit I consider myself more compassionate towards other people than anyone else in my family....and they acknowledge that.

Anywho, nuff about me...anyone who is a racist needs to be in Check :x

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it makes me so mad. i just keep my mouth shut though. i really need the money. but like i said i will have no problems leaving there now to go elsewhere. and since she's way older she is set in her ways and it's been put in her head from birth. they even had a "colored nanny" (her words not mine!) growing up so her outlook on blacks, hispanics, indians ect. will never change. it's unfortunate for her too.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
yeah it makes me so mad. i just keep my mouth shut though. i really need the money. but like i said i will have no problems leaving there now to go elsewhere. and since she's way older she is set in her ways and it's been put in her head from birth. they even had a "colored nanny" (her words not mine!) growing up so her outlook on blacks, hispanics, indians ect. will never change. it's unfortunate for her too.
Colored? Wow, haven't heard that word used that way in like 20+ years. But you're right, no one is going to change her now. And you won't have to feel guilty about leaving.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i hope you can go work at the vet's office fulltime !! i'm sorry your boss is such an idiot (can i say that ??) i personally think that biracial children are the most beautiful in the world !! one of my best fiends and my niece is also biracial :wink:
and as for guy's tast i fancy DMX ...jummy jum jum :D

and you know you can let your heart out here...we all care for you!! i know i do (really funny actually ...i don't know how that comes :? )

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xx-nathalie-xx said:
i hope you can go work at the vet's office fulltime !! i'm sorry your boss is such an idiot (can i say that ??) i personally think that biracial children are the most beautiful in the world !! one of my best fiends and my niece is also biracial :wink:
and as for guy's tast i fancy DMX ...jummy jum jum :D

and you know you can let your heart out here...we all care for you!! i know i do (really funny actually ...i don't know how that comes :? )

kisses nat
dmx is a cutey but he supports pit fighting :( :evil:

i talked to my co-worker, the other groomer and told him and he said he cringes whenever she says that too for me. he understands.

rough day at work today i broke 2 nails :? but i don't smell as bad as i did yesterday lol. i trained a new girl. my boss said that we don't need another assistant with me there but it's not fair to me even though i work hard and get things done i shouldn't have to. see, she is a nice boss and all but i can't seem to get past the racial slurs.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Could you possibly bring that up to her? I know it would be hard but for me it would be MUCH harder working around those type of comments!!!

As you know, my daughter is 1/2 (I hate using fractions when it comes to this :x ) mexican and I can't stand when people make ignorant comments. I have to say my bf's family were born and raised in the U.S. so they are not the type that wear sombreros or anything :) but it still bugs me.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I know what you mean Mandi - I used to work at a Service Station (gas station?) anyway, I'd stink of petrol, even after I'd had a shower, and always had grease under my nails!

Also, I used to work for a boss who's views I disagreed with - he wasn't racist, but he was very homophobic & very anti-abortion. I'm not bothered by gay people at all, and I've always been pro-choice, but he was quite vocal in his views & I just had to sit there & hold my tongue or I would've been out of a job. I'm sure I threw him some dirty looks tho! :wink:

Anyway, I got outta there as soon as I could, I couldn't stand working for someone with his attitude.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing - and good luck with the smellies - maybe try a strongly-scented shower gel? That's what I used to do! :D

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
see, she is a nice boss and all but i can't seem to get past the racial slurs.[/quote]

How old a person is your boss, Mandi? I ask that because it does sometimes have an influence on a person's beliefs. I was raised in the country and my grampa had a huge farm and peach orchards. He hired a lot of black workers to work the farm and orchards. I was allowed to play with their "colored" children, but was told I could never go to their homes, or eat at the same table with them. Now, I know that sounds terrible, and it is, but at that time, in the south, this was how most "white" people felt.

It wasn't until I was older that I realized how wrong this was, and I tried very hard to make my children understand that the color of a person's skin doesn't matter - it's what's inside. Unfortunately, not everyone that was raised as I was feels that way. Some of my friends I grew up with still have a difficult time with this, and I truly feel sorry for them.

Sorry, didn't mean to make this a long story. I guess my point is that your boss is the one who has a problem - not you. And it is truly her loss that she views people in this manner.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chimom said:
see, she is a nice boss and all but i can't seem to get past the racial slurs.
How old a person is your boss, Mandi? I ask that because it does sometimes have an influence on a person's beliefs. I was raised in the country and my grampa had a huge farm and peach orchards. He hired a lot of black workers to work the farm and orchards. I was allowed to play with their "colored" children, but was told I could never go to their homes, or eat at the same table with them. Now, I know that sounds terrible, and it is, but at that time, in the south, this was how most "white" people felt.

It wasn't until I was older that I realized how wrong this was, and I tried very hard to make my children understand that the color of a person's skin doesn't matter - it's what's inside. Unfortunately, not everyone that was raised as I was feels that way. Some of my friends I grew up with still have a difficult time with this, and I truly feel sorry for them.

Sorry, didn't mean to make this a long story. I guess my point is that your boss is the one who has a problem - not you. And it is truly her loss that she views people in this manner.[/quote]

i'm thinking from her looks and her "life stories" she's mid 50's maybe even early 60's. but i'm not good with age guessing..... she's also northern italian and aren't as tolerant as most southern italians and sicilians. from the stories i've heard about them....

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Gosh Mandy, I'm sorry to hear about your boss!! You really shouldn't have to put up with that. In this society I really don't think it's acceptable to say that to anyone regardless of your background. I hope the job at the vet pans out. Maybe you should confront her. Maybe she doesn't realize what she's saying? :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts