Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since we had the regrets thread, I thought I'd see what people's best moments have been in life so far :)

Not a lot has really happened to me so far, except the little things!
So for me, it'd probably be meeting my boyfriend James (cheesy I know, but hey I love him!) :love2:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Geez... this is a hard one. It's much easier to think of regrets! :lol:

I've just come back up here to add that this is a long post! Sorry!

I would say I have several moments in my life that were really good. The first one being all the times my mom beat cancer. She's had a few terminal diagnoses, as well as a few non-terminal and she's still here and doing great.

The only other one that jumps into my mind would be when Mom and I went to Alaska for a month. We were staying in a hotel that had cabins out in the woods instead of rooms in a building. It was about 6am and I went outside to sit on the patio and smoke (yeah, I had to ruin it) and it was so peaceful and quiet - a moose came walking past and I just watched it walk by. Moose aren't the most gorgeous of creatures, but combined with the stillness of everything, the snow and the sheer beauty of the land around us, it was an amazing experience. I can remember it like it was yesterday.

I just thought of another thing... still in Alaska and Mom and I drove out to see Exit Glacier... I think it's the largest inland glacier in North America or something like that. Tourist season hadn't started yet so the walk up to the glacier hadn't been plowed and there was about 3 feet of snow on the ground. In addition, she and I were probably the only non-residents in the town at that time because we got there before everyone else. Mom can't walk all that well, so she sat at a picnic table near the parking area while I traversed the high snow to get to the glacier. As I was trudging through the snow, I was about 1/2 way to the glacier (about 1/4 mile) and I started noticing moose droppings all around.

In the hotel, they had told us if you see fresh moose droppings, run like crazy and get out of wherever you are because it was mating season and the bull moose were quite aggressive. I picked up a piece of moose poop and it was still warm; I looked around me and saw a huge bull moose standing in the snow not-very-far from me. I slowly turned around and started "walking" back towards my mother. Moose can run in snow that high; I can't!! They can also give you quite a beating if they want to.

Luckily, my presence and subsequent fleeing did not bother the moose. But (this is where it gets really good) when I returned to the picnic table, there was my mother, talking to the HOTTEST guy I've ever seen in my life. He was on a bicycle and they were chatting ... he was from Texas and had come to Alaska for the mountain biking stuff.

How did my mother "pick up" THE hottest guy in the universe while sitting at a picnic table in the middle of nowhere in Alaska??!! I'll never understand that one. She does that everywhere she goes!!

Here's a really bad photo of me in front of Exit Glacier - the blue you see is the water inside... it's absolutely beautiful in person.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Ack... I HAVE to add one more thing. The best day of my life was Monday, September 5, 1983. Monday Night Football - Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins in Washington. The Cowboys came back to win the game 31-30 after being "beaten" at halftime 23-3. My dad took me to that game and I got to do the happy dance in front of all the Redskin fans after they had been making fun of me for the entire game. That was the best day of my life, period.

Forget all that moose and Alaska stuff... beating the Redskins like that takes the cake!! :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I've got more photos around here somewhere.... I'll scan them later and post them. Alaska is beautiful, in general, but Exit Glacier was my favorite. :D The blue is an electric blue color ... when you're standing right there, a blind person couldn't miss that blue color. LOL

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
This is a great thread... I have a few most inportant moments in my life...

1. the moment each one of my kids were born.

2. would have to be when I got together with Mark... and actually knew we wanted to spend the rest of our life with eachother.

3. this one is probably the biggest moment in my life... It is the moment that my grandma died while I was holding her hand. Probably the saddest as well...

4. the happiest moment in my life is when I woke up Christmas morning and Mark handing me Gadget. I knew it was the happiest because I started crying... I klnow all of you love your furbabies. but at this moment my life changed for the best just in a flash of time... I knew that the desire of having a pup and loving him was all so worth it... the unknowing was turned in to the knowing that I was going to love this little guy for alot of years....

·
Registered
96 Posts
That would be the day I found out I had cancer. It finally dawned on me that I was not living. I was exsisting. It is a shame that something that could be fatal actually turned my life around and helped me be greatful for every day I have with my children and husband. So, my other best moments would be the day I married my wonderful husband and had my three great children.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I have sort of a "Cooper's mom-esque" moment that I remember from when I was in Ireland the first time. I'd seen a pictorial on the Aran Islands in National Geographic when I was in high school. I promised myself I'd get there someday and I managed to do it right after my sophmore year of college, June of 1970. There I was on this incredibly beautiful, rugged, windswept island, about 8pm (the sun hadn't set but it was very low in the sky), and all I could hear was the wind whistling through the grass and all I could see were lovely stone walls and the blue sea beyond. I remember thinking, "I don't have a camera so I'll file this moment away in my brain and retrieve it whenever I want to." And I just did. :)

Seeing the Beatles at Shea Stadium in NYC in August of 1965. That was a pretty cool 2 day adventure with 3 friends and one of the dads (we were 15 years old and there was no way any of the parents would allow us to go to NYC without a chaperone).

Getting Lily. :happy7:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Oh oh oh!! This one is sooooo easy for me!! There's no doubt in my mind that my son is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I thought when I got pregnant that having a kid at 18 was the worst thing I could every possibly do. But the minute I met him, the first time I saw his big blue eyes and his little bitty hands and fingers...I knew I could never top him. Ever.

·
Registered
298 Posts
OMG i have lots i could be here all night :D my top 5 are.......

1:the day i found tyke i cryed so much (happy crying) lol

2: meeting my boyf and knowing from that day we would be together forever..

3: my boyf asking me to marry him on V day :D

3:my surpirse 21st birthday in ibiza

5: seeing myself on page 3 :oops: and being one of the fhm high street honeys..lol

star x

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
k so i have a couple there could be more if you had asked me about 8 months ago but things went pear shaped-

1.getting all my babies, patch ,tyke, rio, jacob and ruby

2.winning a modeling comp

3.seeing back street boys in concert lol

i wish i could have listed alot more stuff but i suppose things change!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
lol ermmm...

getting deano! - i will eternally be thankful for my sister for buying him

being reunited with my friends - solved our disagreement which they apologised for and we carried on as normal being the best of friends

erm well i hope my life will be fullied with more happy moments!

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
tajj1986 said:
That would be the day I found out I had cancer.
That might sound strange to alot of people but I know just how you feel. :wink:

The BEST moments of my life was:

The last time I left the hospital knowing my chemo was over.

Giving birth to my daughter Alex, now 4 1/2, when I was told I could NEVER have children.

And every single day living with my family. Even during trying times, I love my life so much and want nothing more than for me and my family to be healthy. :wink:

·
Registered
683 Posts
aww it's all very touching hearing everyones good moments in life!

I would say mine were meeting my bf and getting coco. Only 20 just now so i dont have many. Another thing that makes me so happy in my life is spending time with my family, we always have good fun and a good laugh

:D :wave:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts