Chihuahua People Forum banner

What's the biggest?

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Gadget's Mom 
#1 ·
What's the biggest chi you've ever seen? My husband and I went to his friend's house last night, and his friend has a long coat chi. Now, Chico weighs around 8 pounds, so he's a little bigger than your average chi, but this long coat chi was twice the size of Chico and I'm guessing around 15 pounds! I was shocked, I've never seen a chi that big before...but she sure is a cutie :)

#4 ·
I have a customer that has a Chi named Pooh and he weighs about 15 lbs or more, but she cooks all of his meals. Just for breakfast she cooks him pancakes and bacon every morning. I told her that it was not the best diet for a dog but she says he will not eat dog food and that she was to cook all of his meals fresh, that he will not eat left overs. I think it crazy but they both seem happy :)

#8 ·
our neighbor a couple spaces down has the fattest chihuahua I have ever seen... They think it is funny that she is so fat... I mean this dog is so fat that she doesn't walk she waddles....

I don't know how much she weighs but I can imagine that she is at least 25 pounds.... and she has the shortest legs... her body isn't that long either.. it is not like she was a big chi to begin with... one of these days when I see her out I will sneak a pic of her...

she looks very unhealthy to me...

#9 ·
there was a guy down the block from me that had about 15 chis and they were so fat about 10 12 pounds never seen one too big i guess its like any breed some people breed them bigger yorkies arnt suppose to be over 7 pounds and brownie is 20 and hes purebreed you can clearly see it and i go to a yorkie board and some of there yorkies are also bigger

#13 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and will post pics soon. My big chi is a deer-head named Maybelline and she weighs in at 14.5 pounds. She is quite athletic, large-boned and eats a very healthy diet. ( Her lil' sister is a chi named Misty and she only weighs in at 5 lbs. ) I must admit that it did bother me when Maybelline continued to grow and get so big. Since she was my first chi, I took her to the vet to see if maybe she had some kind of hormone / growth problem. Who knew she would just end up being more to love! :lol:

#14 ·
Jacquelyn Solomon said:
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and will post pics soon. My big chi is a deer-head named Maybelline and she weighs in at 14.5 pounds. She is quite athletic, large-boned and eats a very healthy diet. ( Her lil' sister is a chi named Misty and she only weighs in at 5 lbs. ) I must admit that it did bother me when Maybelline continued to grow and get so big. Since she was my first chi, I took her to the vet to see if maybe she had some kind of hormone / growth problem. Who knew she would just end up being more to love! :lol:
that is soooo awesome that you kept her even though she grew larger than what you expected! you hear so many stories about people rehoming (or just plain abandoning them) when they grow bigger than what they wanted. i'm so glad maybelline has a great mama like you (misty too ;) )

#15 ·
I never really realized people would abandon or rehome their chi's if they grew too large. That concept is so unreal and completely selfish. It was disappointing that Maybelline grew so large, but she is such an entertaining clown! She even rings a bell when she needs to go outside to potty. Who could ask for anything more? :flower:

#16 ·
Jacquelyn Solomon said:
I never really realized people would abandon or rehome their chi's if they grew too large. That concept is so unreal and completely selfish. It was disappointing that Maybelline grew so large, but she is such an entertaining clown! She even rings a bell when she needs to go outside to potty. Who could ask for anything more? :flower:
she sounds perfect :)

#18 ·
Jacquelyn Solomon said:
aaawww, i can't wait to see pics of her. i agree, the bigger the chi gets, its just more of them to love. i wouldn't care if chico weighed 20 pounds...he'd still be my number 1 guy :)

#20 ·
Gadget's Mom said:
our neighbor a couple spaces down has the fattest chihuahua I have ever seen... They think it is funny that she is so fat... I mean this dog is so fat that she doesn't walk she waddles....

I don't know how much she weighs but I can imagine that she is at least 25 pounds.... and she has the shortest legs... her body isn't that long either.. it is not like she was a big chi to begin with... one of these days when I see her out I will sneak a pic of her...

she looks very unhealthy to me...
She'll probably live to be 25.

#22 ·
Jacquelyn Solomon said:
I never really realized people would abandon or rehome their chi's if they grew too large. That concept is so unreal and completely selfish.

That is the most ridiculous thing I swear I don't get that mentality :? Do you dump you hubby if he gains some weight or your kids ?? Please I love my babies no matter what !! Some people should not own pets , just buy a new purse :evil:

#23 ·
[quoteThat is the most ridiculous thing I swear I don't get that mentality :? Do you dump you hubby if he gains some weight or your kids ?? Please I love my babies no matter what !! Some people should not own pets , just buy a new purse :evil:[/quote]

Not to change the subject but my ex husband kicked me out because I weighed more than he wanted me too.... Well, I was only 145 pounds back then... but the rule was I couldn't be over 140 so yes there are people out there that have that mentality.

I would never give up my husband child or chihuahua because of weight.. but If my chihuahua was to get fat I would stop and get him on a diet... it is unhealthy for them to be fat... that doesn't mean big...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.