Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took our cat to the vet Saturday to get her second antibiotic shot for UTI. It was so weird! The vet I like is leaving so I actually saw the one that owns it! The vet tech was going over her chart, explaining to him why she was here. He said that he didn't think a vet tech should be giving the shot. She said she wasn't - he was! He chuckled, (strangely). She got a syringe, started filling it, but didn't have enough so she had to get more. She got another vile, and they were discussing it, like it had to be mixed with water - it just looked so strange! They both left the room discussing what to do! I was a little scared! I wanted to take the cat and run!:confused: he came back with a different tech and tried to get more out of the empty vile! But decided to just get another syringe and start fresh! Whew! It was so, so strange! He was talking about the clouds, and the marathon, and was acting all limp, and giggly! I don't think I want to go back there!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
That sounds very strange. I think I would be looking for a different vet. Maybe he was just having an off day but I do not think I would be risking it. I usually try to follow my gut in those circumstances. It sounds like your gut was telling you something was off.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankfully a vet I used to go to years ago is coming back to town! Hubby didn't like him but he was a very good vet! So maybe I can switch! I for sure will not go back to the one I went to on Saturday!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Just read this! Yes I think I would avoid this clinic again if at all possible. We've been fortunate with our vets, we just changed to a new clinic that's a bit of a longer drive, but I really like the general energy of this new place! our old vets were in an older established wealthy neighborhood and while service was always top notch, I found some of the food advice and some of the attitude towards dental care to be lacking.

Look around! vets are a service.. if you are not getting what you're paying for then move on. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts