Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fox is a red sable longcoat, but her fur confuses me a little.
Note that she is almost 4 months, her birthday is April 10th...

So just her head and the bottoms of her legs are longer, feathery, and soft (As seen as pictures below) and also a more vibrant red.

However...the REST of her body is short but fluffy! :?
It's also seems lighter in colour...is that what you call the puppy coat?

The black is disappearing week by week, she used to have a LOT of black when I was looking at her baby pictures from the breeder.

Pictures:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hi there, My Teddy is 17 wks tomorrow and has the exact same coat as fox. He was so fluffy when we got him at 9 wks, but now his head is fluffy and that seems to be it. I just hoping his new coat comes through soon

·
Registered
354 Posts
Teddy's fur did that too. He started off fluffy like a sheep with a dark streak down his back. Eventually his fur thinned out and got wispy, and for a while he looked really awkward and skinny without his puppy fur! (His tail and ear fringe hadn't grown in yet.) Now his adult fur has grown in but it lays flat against his body. :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Awww I love puppy coats!
Kahlua's changed soo much, she was like a fuzzy little bear when I first got her, all her fur fluffy and the same length. Then when she started to blow that coat, it came in smoother starting on her back.
When she first got all her adult coat, she almost looked like just a thick SC since it was still all the same length with the exception of a few wispy's behind her ears.

Now she's two and has a thick smooth coat with a huge plume of a tail; and fluffy ear fringe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts