Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
carrera is nearing 5 months and is somewhere around 6 lbs--shes not "fat" shes just long, but we still call her our little pig pig :D

her mom was 8 lbs. and her dad was 7 lbs. so she may reach about that, her weight and size seems to be slowing down now. and believe it or not she was actually the "runt"

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Abbey is 12 weeks and weights 1.8 lbs, her 4legged mom was only 2lbs and her 4legged dad was only 3.5, and other litter from the same mom and dad were really small to most only got to 2.5 lbs tops.
OMG, how sad. I am suprised that her mom is still alive? 2 lbs is way to small to be bred. Even if the dad was smaller than the mom then it would still be way to dangerous for her:-( You are supposed to breed a larger bitch to a smaller stud. Bless her.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
my god these are some thiny chihuahuas! my boy is 7lbs and 8ozs about - and he looks really lean, hes pretty tall for a chihuahua also. he was about 2lbs when i got him at 8 weeks and about 3lbs at 4 months i thought he would stay small but at around 6 months he had a growth spurt!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have 4, my oldest (Peanut) weighs 6lbs, Dexter weighs 4, Zoey weighs 3.2 and Pixie weighs a whopping 1lb 11oz, they are all over 1 year old.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ours are all purebred, but they're not tiny! :D

Trixie (5-years old): 10lbs
Sasha (3-years old): 9lbs (and a teeny bit husky according to the Vet)
Rufus (1-year old): 7lbs (and all awkward, skinny legs) :D

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Ours are all purebred, but they're not tiny! :D

Trixie (5-years old): 10lbs
Sasha (3-years old): 9lbs (and a teeny bit husky according to the Vet)
Rufus (1-year old): 7lbs (and all awkward, skinny legs) :D
like my boy! i dont think purebred necessarily means tiny. thats why i get asked if bam's a mix because he's big for a chihuahua and he's not an applehead! it gets a little frustrating sometimes

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Mr. Big is 7 months and weighs 6lbs. - sounds like he's one of the biggest one's on here lol. He looks really thin though because he is so long.
That's exactly how Mia is. Her body and legs are SO LONG but she's very thin. She has never weighed more than 6 lbs on the dot.
I think she's the perfect weight and I wouldn't want a pup much smaller- she's teeny enough!!
Carl is a mix so he weighs quite a bit more ;)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My god there are such differences in weight. I naturally assumed that the majority of chis were 5lbs or under but alot seem to be larger. I think its great that everyone loves their chis no matter what. I hate it when people dislike them when they get 'too big' :(

·
Registered
195 Posts
How much was she at 12 weeks? the best way seems to be double that weight and add a pound.. also helps if you know her parents weights
Crap!!! I never asked the weight of the parents. They weren't huge, but not tiny either. Jasmine's sister was already over 4 pounds the last time I checked. She's a big one!!! I'll call my breeder tonight and ask about the parents weight. I'd like to see Jasmine reach 4 pounds or more. I'll have to look at her vet bills to see what she weighed at 12 weeks. Looks like I have some research to do tonight. ;)

Hope your day is going well! :D

21 - 40 of 72 Posts