Chihuahua People Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Bryco is 3 lbs 5 ounces...he's 6 months old yesterday.
Trigger is 6 lbs 6 ounces...he's like 2 or 3 days shy of 7 months.
Oakley is 3 lbs 6 ounces...she's 15 months.
Laurel is a mix of some kind and is 11.5 lbs at 6 years lol. She doesn't really count in this convo but I didn't wanna leave her out!
I watched the dog whisperer yesterday and they had a corgi x german shepherd looked a lot like laurel but colour and muzzle so maybe corgi x chi?? She's still losing weight wow

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I watched the dog whisperer yesterday and they had a corgi x german shepherd looked a lot like laurel but colour and muzzle so maybe corgi x chi?? She's still losing weight wow
She got as low as 10.5 lbs when I was still learning how much she needs to maintain! Right around 11 lbs is when she looks perfect, but she's done so well and is so healthy as long as she stays in the 11 range I'm happy.

I am not so sure she's a mix anymore. I think she is, but maybe she's not? Looking at Trigger, man, if he had puppies w/ a 7 lb purebred chi, the likelyhood they'd have a puppy that turned out to be 10 lbs...isn't that unlikely! Then you've got a 10 lb purebred registered chi whether you should have one or not, and what if someone irresponsibly breeds that chi? I have full breeding rights on Trigger, he's neutered now...because that was the right decision LOL. I guess the more I think about breeding, the more I see how in just 2-3 generations, perfect little chis can descend into bigger, longer muzzled pups. She was bred in the "taco bell craze" of chihuahuas...so IDK. She was like $200 outta the back of a truck though. I guess I think she's at least 1/4 something else but could be wrong!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My little Mojo is a little over 16 weeks and ways about 4.5 lbs. From what I have been reading he seems to be a little big... But he still looks so small!! lol

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Oh, I thought we were just doing babies. The rest of the pack is:
Lexxi 5 years old-8 pounds
Gonzo 2 years old -5 pounds 14 oz.
Reggie 4 years old-7 pounds 9 oz.
Xena- 8 months old-chi mix- 11 pounds
Billy 10 months old-5 pounds
Tico between 10 to 12 years old-4 pounds 10 oz.
Twiggy 1 1/2 years old-flucuates between 2 pounds 8 oz and 2 pounds 12 oz.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My chi got from local breeder who I knew and she was 1.8 lbs at 13 wks she is Ckc chihuahua with her papers and all . She is 13 years old now and I cherish each day we have together, she has so many medical issues, collapsed trachea , liver issues, enlarged heart and heart murmur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sad that the photos aren't loaded direct to this site. Many are not available. Hosting photos is a joke, in this modern computer age.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts