Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy wakes up about 6.30 and comes into bed with me :) the girls are still in separate crates as daisys is too big for lotus even though lotus hops in there everynight. About 7am batfink starts to stir and I open her door then she has to give daisy and me a kiss coz she missed us

They then go outside and do their wees and poos and then back to bed with mummy for 30 mins... Um not lotus she thinks my bed is a playground so gets put back in her crate and protests that it's unfair, she eventually shuts up and chills!!

Then at 7.30 they both come into the bathroom whilst I get showered and dressed!!

Then we make breakfast and coffee and the girls are fed at 8am, lotus is crated till 8.10 and both go out to do their business then I get abi ready and stairs get blocked, lotus' crate is moved to the kitchen next to daisys bed and I leave at 8.40 normally bck by 9.15 unless I have to go to the shops

We always have a walk in the morning before lunch too!!

It works for us and helps with potty training although lotus keeps poking outside comig in and 30 mins later having one inside if were upstairs imbtrying to work out why

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Get up at 8.15am,make tea let Lil & Simba out while the kettles boiling ,feed both of them,then feed the tortoise go back to bed and listen to the news and try and wake up with dogs, and cat comes in and settles down for the morning .
Wash etc come down make a coffee,take dogs out for a walk,housework then by that time it's lunchtime.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Our mornings are a bit manic!

I get up at 6.45am, let all the dogs out and leave them outside for 10 mins to make sure they have all 'been'. I make the tea in this time.

Let them back in and I go and wake the children up.

Everyone gets washed dressed and brekkie. (except Izzy)

Owen leaves for school about 8.10 am and Justin also leaves for work

Izzy has her brekkie and then I get her washed and dressed.

The dogs all get brekkie between 8 and 8.30am

We leave for school at 8.45 and get back at about 9.05am

Then I potter around at home in the morning.

Dogs are walked after lunch.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
if my other half stays the routine is...
he wake sup and leaves for work about quarter to 8. Elise then jumps on my bed for cuddles after seeing him out the door!
Then when tink finally gets up she waits downstairs for me to get up and then jumps all over me smothering me in kisses and then fights elise and go gets food.
But if the bf doesnt stay theyre both in my bed and Elise will get up by 8 where as tink wont get up till i do

·
Registered
813 Posts
Interesting thread. I was just saying to my partner last night that i wondered what people on the forum did for jobs or if even they had jobs. I totally don't mean that in a bad way but it seems like no one on here goes to work or has a job?

Does anyones morning routine involve going to work or holding down a job? I'm curious :)

I get up about 9 or 10 depending on how my pain/dizziness levels are and how much sleep i needed. I have to go straight to work then if im well enough to sit at the desk, if not i work from bed with trays for the jewellery and online stuff, i run a business from home. Bella goes out to do the toilet with kye at 6.30 am and then when i get up. She hates eating in the morning so she doesn't eat till lunch :).

I'm usually not well enough to walk her (Kye does in the evening) so i take a break twice a day to play with her, i throw TONS of balls and things to make up for not being able to walk her, she sleeps next to me in the work room or lazes on my bed while i work :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My work routine use to be hectic I'm a sahm now as abi has a lot of appointments

I use to get up at 6am feed and wash abi and get showered suited and booted drive abi to my parents get the train at 7.30 then I wouldn't get off te train in the evening till 6.45 :( come home cook clean be a mum couldn't have a dog before that job it was the same just I was on call 24/7

·
Registered
813 Posts
My work routine use to be hectic I'm a sahm now as abi has a lot of appointments

I use to get up at 6am feed and wash abi and get showered suited and booted drive abi to my parents get the train at 7.30 then I wouldn't get off te train in the evening till 6.45 :( come home cook clean be a mum couldn't have a dog before that job it was the same just I was on call 24/7
That's a really long day. My partner gets up at 6.30, leaves at 7am and doesn't get back till 6 or more. It's a long day. He drives 80 miles a day.

I've never had a dog before Bella too, both my parents worked and didn't think it was fair to leave a dog at home on it's own. Then i was sick from age 18 so it wasn't at all practical till i met Kye and we got her for my 30th :)

So glad we can have our doggies and be at home for them now :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a really long day. My partner gets up at 6.30, leaves at 7am and doesn't get back till 6 or more. It's a long day. He drives 80 miles a day.

I've never had a dog before Bella too, both my parents worked and didn't think it was fair to leave a dog at home on it's own. Then i was sick from age 18 so it wasn't at all practical till i met Kye and we got her for my 30th :)

So glad we can have our doggies and be at home for them now :)
Yup no fun when you're a single mum!!! I was soooooo sick and stressed and tired been off a year now it's kinda odd a I've always worked over 50 hours a week took a while to adjust

Lol the dogs and abi are my job it's just not v well paid hahaha

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Im not working at the moment - But will be in a couple of weeks time.

At the moment its up about 7, let the Maisie out
7.15 Wash and refill the cat and dog bowls and water bowls, Make Tea!
7.20 Remember that I need to replace Pips bowl then completely forget that when im out
7.30 Detatch a kitten from my feet (Ouch!), and clean out the litter tray
8.00 Go wake Pippi up again, then pick her up and put her outside
8.15 Shower, get dressed, take meds etc and give the dogs their supliments
8.45 Make more tea, get Pippi out of bed again and shut her out the room!
9.00 Play with the dogs, get my own breakfast etc

When the shop opens it'll be a case of up at 6, get the dogs up and outside and shut Pip out of my room, get dressed etc and be ready to go by 8.30. Dogs will be fed at the shop as they're coming with me and have a room out the bak of their own!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I work...graveyard shift. Only for a short while longer though. I'm going to a 2/3 week day rotation & every other weekend evenings either next month or shortly after.

Our routine is:

6am - I either get out of work or wake up - if I'm home I get the girls up & started getting ready for school. If I'm at work hubby gets them up & gets them started. The 3 crated dogs are let out of their crates & shooed out the doggy door & the gate going upstairs is closed.

7:05am- girls off to school - hang with the pups on the couch while we wave to the girls on the bus. haha

7:30am- feed pups

8am- if I've worked I lay on the couch, cuddle up with the pups & sleep until between 12
p-2p & then I shower.

Then there is random play/trick/chill times through out the morning if I haven't worked. Walks usually happen in the afternoon but I'm not great about going every day...I admit. And hey look, it's almost 8am & I worked last night so I'm off for a snooze. :D

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Mine's pretty basic:

7:30 am - get up, take the dogs out, they go to the bathroom and run around for a bit. Come in make tea and breakfast. Play with the pups. Then get ready for work. The pups stay in the bathroom with me the whole time I'm getting ready. hehe. It's really cute. Pip and Roo don't eat breakfast, their first meal is when I come home for lunch. (I have an hour for lunch and I spend it at home.) Anyway, then off to work. I work at a law firm which is only 2 minutes from where I live, so I can leave at about 8:58. yay. lol.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Does anyones morning routine involve going to work or holding down a job? I'm curious :)
Around 6:30 -7 Godric starts yowling for his breakfast, we crate him off in the living room, So I get up, give him his rations and make sure he has a fresh potty pad because usually the sprinklers are going around this time outside.

Around 8 I get up to shower and get ready for work, take the pups out for a short walk, have breakfast, feed Gretel if she wasn't hungry when I fed Godric.

Crate Godric and head off for work at 10, depending on the day and his school schedule my other half will be home around 12-1 to let the baby out and give the pups some play for a couple hours before he's off to work at 3.

Godric back to the crate till I get off work at 5:30, then I come home get changed and we have a long walk/outside play. He stays uncrated until shortly before bedtime he gets his dinner and goes back in the crate, usually 11-12a

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I wish I didn't work outside the home (I'd have more Chihuhahus :) ) but I do as does my husband. The girls sleep with me. Husband comes in about 6:15, greets the girls and puts them out in the backyard (huge fenced yard). Bizkit stays in his bed in my bedroom--he's not an early riser. Husband opens the other door so the girls can come back in the doggy door and he leaves for work.
While I'm taking my meds, making a cup of coffee, getting ready for work, the girls eat (we free feed) and run around and play throughout the living room, hallway and my bedroom. Sometimes they get in bed with Bizkit and piss him off. :foxes15: At some point someone poops in the living room floor or hallway (they don't seem to understand that that is exactly why we put them out!) and I clean that up on one of my trips back and forth. Sometimes Bizkit gets up before it's time for me to leave so I'll let him out and then back in. He won't use the doggy door.
About 7:25 when it's time to leave I tell all three of them to go to the kitchen. We have 18" gates that stay up (they have a little door in them that otherwise stays open) all the time and they spend their days in the kitchen. (They have two beds and a kitten play cube in the kitchen.)
I close the doors in the gates, make sure they have enough toys in the kitchen, make sure they have sufficient food and water, tell the kids "bye" and that I love them and then I'm off.
My husband gets home by 4:30 (5:15 for me) so he lets the kids out of the kitchen and takes them out in the back yard. At that point the doggy door is open again and they come and go the rest of the day (except Bizkit--he barks when he wants out and back in). My kids will use the potty outside but they'll use it inside too - they're equal opportunity poopers. Husband cleans up the ceramic tile floor in the kitchen.
Just realized this thread was about "morning routines." Oops, sorry about that. ;)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Bellatrix -- I have a job and it stinks! So our morning routine is something like this (both Hub & I have to work at 8 every day)...

Around 6:45 am the dogs start to stir...they need to be taken to potty immediately. Ha ha hubby and I alternate days. Today was his day. He moves slow as molasses in the AM, so he's pussyfooting 'round today, gotta splash some water on his face, put on glasses, find a shirt to wear, then a sweatshirt, then gotta take a pee himself...I always tell them they need to be taken out straight away he can dink around after...well this AM Trig just couldn't wait anymore so he took a giant pee by the door, while hub was cleaning that up Oakley peed onthe bath mat, and Bryco pooped and trampled through it! I laugh b'c if he didn't move so slow none of that would happen--on my days I don't pee myself, don't do anything just scoop them all up and take them out, and there are no accidents. You can't expect these tiny guys to hold it forever. Normally we don't have accidents but today was hilarious!

After morning pees they all snuggle dad for a few min while I shower, then they get fed, let out again, and then just hang out for a small bit while we get ready.

We get them fresh water, put down chews or toys, gate them in the livingroom and are off to work :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I get up between 5-5:30, let the big dogs outside, shower then leave for work by 6:15 with dogs in tow, get to work by 7am (33min drive) then feed the dogs their breakfast at work. Work all day. Then home by 7pm.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Get up at 6:00 am, let dogs out for 10 mins then let them back in
Depending on the day, quickly get ready (& i have breakfast)
and take them to the beach or field for a 30 min run around (drive there) 6:30 - 7:00
If we dont have time to do that i take them upstairs and they go on the treadmill for 20 mins ish - keeps them quiet while we are out (they always get a proper walk in the evenings as well)
Come home & get ready properly
Feed dogs at around 8:00
Leave house at 8:30 come back at 12 (tuesdays to fridays, on saturdays, sundays & mondays there is always someone in the house with them all day)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I get up at 6am-ish and let Alfie straight out in the garden for about 10 mins till he's done all the necessary.
We come back in and I get Alfie his breakfast, then I sit down and have coffee, do my make-up etc. and Alfie comes to sit on my lap when he's finished eating.
At 7am Hope (my daughter) gets up and plays with Alfie for 5 mins before having her breakfast.
We're both dressed by about 8am and we take Alfie out for a 15 min walk to stretch his legs and get a change of scenery.
When we get back Alfie is shut in the kitchen with his water bowl and bed and some toys.
At about 8.20am we leave, I drop Hope at school and drive to work.
At 11.40am I pop back from work to let Alfie out for 10 minutes to have a quick potter round the garden and a wee.
I then head back to work until it's time to do the afternoon school run, we're home by 3.20pm and then Alfie gets his longer afternoon walk.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts