Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like i said he's two months and I'm not sure when i can bathe him...he is kinda stinky :D :D :D

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I bathed Ozzy once he had settled in after about 2 weeks as he had to get used to it right away, some people say you can do it right away but he knows his smell and will be senting the house out and rubbing his stink in places so just let him settle first .................... hes gotta live up to his name :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I would have bathed Kemo right away but he got a bath from the lady I got him from that day (she's a groomer too) and I watched his pathetic self get all wet. I bathed him 6 weeks after that since it was winter.

·
Registered
400 Posts
TODAY, NOW, IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Tons of breeders give a bath before sending home. if it really bothers you about keeping him with a familiar scent then rub a towel on him to save some and then bath him. You can put the towel in his bed :wave:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D :D :D Thanks guys! but don't get me wrong. He's not that stinky :wink: I love the puppy smell I was just wondering when I could start giving him baths. :D I was worried he might catch a cold if I bathe him too early...

·
Registered
213 Posts
use your judgement. Is stinky adjusting well? If so I don't think bathing him will be a problem.
Andrew our eskie was shipped to us (before I knew how bad that is) and I have him a bathe and groomed him that day, but he was really dirty, the breeder didn't take care of Andrew like i wish she had.
Tinkerbell however was very clean, and smelled wonderful. So I didn't give her a bathe until this month which was a month after having her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts