Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on walks? Did you wait until all of his/her shots were done? I'm getting Paris in 3 days (I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!) and I know I won't take her to any public places before she has all of her vaccines, but how about your yard, etc.? I'm so worried about her getting Parvo or something else some strange animal may have brought into our yard and us not know it...that I'm thinking I shouldn't even take her outside until she's had all her shots. What did you do? She's already trained to use puppy pads for her *business*, so we just sticking with that and not worrying about her going to the potty outside.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Congrats

I got Gadget when he was 3 weeks old.. I have taken him everywhere with me since then.. I have only left him home 4 times by himself.. I have left him with my husband or my daughter a few more times.. I was in the hospital earlier this year for a few days and I left him home with my husband but he was just a few months old so he took him to work with him... Gadget even came tot he hospital to visit with me... the nurses loved him...

I ave taken him into stores, friends homes and families homes. I even took him to Amanda's school a few times... I didn't let him on the floor or ground and I didn't let any dogs around him...

He is healthy and happy and l;oves to shop... he loves car rides... We just did to 250 mile trips a couple weeks apart and he loved it...

The only thing I would make sure to do is keep him warm if it is cold outside or keep him cool if it is hot out...

He loves people now.. There is a few people that he doesn't like and he barks at them but he doesn't bark and wag his tail at the same time like he does if he likes the person he is barking at... He is 7 months old now and he is pure joy....

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I kept Cooper off the ground until after his last round of shots with the exception of our back yard which is fenced. I did carry him everywhere; I just stuck him in my purse and I let everyone hold and love on him. The moment he got his last shot, he hit the ground and was happy to walk since I had been taking him places ... he was eager to meet people by then!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Marcus went everywhere with me but he didn't get down on the ground anywhere strange dogs might have been and he wasn't allowed to play with any dogs I didn't personally know had had their shots. He even stayed in his carrier at the vets office till he got on the exam table. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I would definately wait until they are fully vaccinated. I did the same thing with Bella. She was not allowed on the ground until a few days after her last shot. Boy was she happy!

Leslie

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Definitely wait until after all shots. You can take her with you, just don't let her on the ground or floor where other animals you don't know have been.

If you have a fenced in yard, it should be safe. I just used the puppy pads until after Jasmine had all her shots. I just didn't want to take any chances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts