Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody! :wave: when did your chi start barking? at what age? did your chi learn it from another dog? zoey hasn't barked really-- she only did it once... and it was during the night the 2nd week we had her because she was lonley! i am wondering if she knows how to bark but just doesnt like to do it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
LOL. Don't get your hopes up. lol. Both of my babies started barking at about 4 months. My mom's pup just started, she's six months, and my friends 10 week old chi already barks a LOT. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard him, anyway, I know a lot of chi's but I haven't met one yet that doesn't bark, but I can stand to be corrected. There are a lot of people on this forum, so maybe you will find some lucky someone who doesn't have a barker :)

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Bosco is 4 months old and is not a big barker (yet)....he has barked occasionally though. He has two types of bark - one is a low deep bark and one is a yap. I think he barked for the first time maybe at 9 weeks of age - I don't know how he figured out how to do it since we don't have any other dogs. :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooooh i was hoping that zoey just didnt care for barking.... :lol: my last dog was a mini schnauzer and she barked at anything that MOVED! zoey is still a baby, 3 mos-- so i know she still has time to start but i can make myself believe that zoey will be just the best and smartest dog ever, right? .... wishful thinking i guess.... :lol:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah right, a chi that does not bark...that would be one for the guinness book of records. :wink: :D My pups started barking around 4 months, and then it was bark at something and run behind me-they were VERY brave at the same time. I have one barker that has to have the last word-"Chica be quiet, bark... and the other three know how to bark, but they let Chica start it off...

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Mikey is 11 weeks and he rarely barks. It's so cute though all you can do is laugh, my brother makes fun of him.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha quikdog... that's funny :D

i'm gonna have to learn how to teach zoey not to bark alot once she learns how. i dont want my neighbors to complain!!! :roll: anyone know how to accomplish that? :notworthy:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Sandy started at 4 months. Before that she made some attempts that sounded really funny.
She is a good watch dog now.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
When we first got Kiwi she was 16 weeks I didn't her bark for a little over a week. She does not bark much only when she sees a stranger or if she wants the cats attention.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I never heard Auggie bark until he was a little over 3 months old. He does really well about only barking when he hears something outside. From the beginning I have always said Good Boy. It's OK. He almost always stops after I say it twice. But as Cuddle said I am always asking him if he wants some cheese with that whineeee. :lol:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Well Tequila started to bark when she was about 7-8 months old. Now I cant get her to stop. I think my mom's dog's taught her to bark.
Ginger was about 4 months old before she started to bark...again mimicing Tequila.
Kylie came to me already barking so she was at least 3months.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zoey whines if someone goes in another room & closes the door... its like she's saying "LET ME IN!!!!" i can handle whining...

i guess i will just have to wait and see if she is a barker or not! she seems pretty calm -- and we've been trying not to jump up quickly when there is a knock at the door (i heard that can make the dog learn to bark when he hears someone at the door)

thanks for all of your replies! :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yoshi started barking at around 4 months. He barks incessantly at kids in the house that aren't mine. He just barks for a little while at adults he doesn't know.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
keeks barks, altho not often, shes rarely finds ne thing worthy of a barking session,as she loves visitors. I think the prob with chis is when they first start barking its just so cute that u dont want toamke them stop and u fuss over them. so then they think its good and ok to bark lol
mia
x

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:D :D :D I don't have another dog to teach Stinky how to bark but I would love to hear him SOOOO...after I read this post I started barking myself :D :D :D

So far, I got him to bark 3 times....YAY! :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts