Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking into getting another baby in the "near" future and I'm so up in the air deciding on SC or LC! I want a LC but not sure if I want one now or wait until our next Chi which would be way down the road lol! Another question is if I want a Black LC will her colors change even if she's black as a puppy? I'm not sure how it works or if different colors come in differently... Thanks :peacewink:​

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Blacks stay black generally, LC, SC, whatever...b'c black is result of pigment. Its the fawns/sables/reds/whites/creams that change drastically sometimes :) Tan and white points on a black are subject to change but for the most part, don't expect a pup to change much if its puppy color is black :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Blacks stay black generally, LC, SC, whatever...b'c black is result of pigment. Its the fawns/sables/reds/whites/creams that change drastically sometimes :) Tan and white points on a black are subject to change but for the most part, don't expect a pup to change much if its puppy color is black :)
Oh this great information for me too!! :D
Kerri, do you want another female or male?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Piglet has some silver undercoat, but he is black. He didn't have that as a puppy.

One thing you can expect w/ blacks is their white points to get smaller, not bigger.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh this great information for me too!! :D
Kerri, do you want another female or male?
I have been wondering this for a bit now! I def want another girl. I will get a boy one day, maybe lol But for sure a girl now. Just unsure about the LC or SC! I kinda want to try something different. I know I love SC's but I'm open to a LC!!

Piglet has some silver undercoat, but he is black. He didn't have that as a puppy.

One thing you can expect w/ blacks is their white points to get smaller, not bigger.
That's great info! I don't mind if they have a bit of white coloring in their coat, I just would like her to be mainly black but if a certain color should pop through I would love her just the same. Shayley has white little dripped paws and her chin is dipped in white lol So don't mind the splash of white here and there. Just something I've been thinking about! Thanks again for the info! :hello1:

·
Registered
768 Posts
I love LC`S but im think if i get another i might get a SC! and a dark one, something completly different to what i have! x

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love LC`S but im think if i get another i might get a SC! and a dark one, something completly different to what i have! x
That will be so cute! I'm more of a SC Chi person but for some reason since I think I'll be sticking with black I would like to mix it up a bit with a LC lol just for the heck of it! I don't know yet!! hehe :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts