Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is cat little safe to use for dog. I am thinking the answer would be no but would like something similar for tiny dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Do NOT use clumping litter. It will clump in your pups tummy! I don't know what people use. I do know that some of the forum use this method. Come on folks--tell all!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do NOT use clumping litter. It will clump in your pups tummy! I don't know what people use. I do know that some of the forum use this method. Come on folks--tell all!!

Thank you! I went with puppy pads and a "grass" (made for puppies) that I put over puppy pads in a litter box. I can get her to use it at night but will not have anything to do with it during the day,so far. It is cold here!! Have trained many puppies over the years and had a strict spring/summer puppy ONLY personal rule ! I broke my own rule. So indoor training is new. I have summers off so this is also the first time I will leave a new pup in an area to go indoors. I was surprised I could not really find a dog litter other then big chunks of rolled newspaper. She is too small for what I could find.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Just be consistant and praise like mad when she makes the right decision, and ignore mistakes. Don't punish mistakes, as it will make your puppy decide they can't 'go' in front of you, and that makes for headaches as well.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
We use washable potty pads. I considered a litter box, but then decided the pads worked best for us. Just don't leave a white bath mat down. LOL!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We use washable potty pads. I considered a litter box, but then decided the pads worked best for us. Just don't leave a white bath mat down. LOL!

Funny! She is doing fantastic. goes in and out of the litter box and has had no accident while in her gated area. When I am home I take her outside. We are working on bell training to go outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts