Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

My puppy will be 15 weeks old on friday.

He is puppy pad trained (with the occasional accident)

He will go outside and wee if the back door is open but other than that he will just go to his pad.

Also in the night he is still waking me up for the toilet only once and this is around 4-5am.

At what age should he be fully trained to do his business outside only? and hold his wee till the morning.

Any advice would be great, im worried he should be trained outside by now and he wont ever learn to go outside only.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My first chi was trained at 4 months,Dottie held on till the morning at 4 and a half,months.Maybe girls are better at holding it (LOL)Do you make sure he goes into the garden last thing,and if he goes lots of praise and a treat ,that's what i did.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Tulula was about 4-5 months old and teddy has been really good, he has never messed in his crate and can hold himself from about 9pm till about 6.30am, he is 4months old. I leave the back door open when we are in and he takes himself out for the toilet. I have been very lucky with him.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ein held it through the night at a little over 3 months. She's more likely an exception, however. After three nights of constant crying in her crate, we finally gave in and made her a bed next to ours and our big dog. She slept through the night on that spot from then on. She was fully potty trained at about 4 months.

·
Registered
410 Posts
with mine i took her out about every 3hours and after every nap and after when shes eaten or drank, whenever you see yours like wondering or sniffing or hanging around the pee pad just take him outside.
And praise LOADS :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts