Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...how do you keep your chis entertained?

We have had pouring rain and wind storms for the past few days. I will take them out in light rain but it is awful right now. I feel bad because they have been just laying around sleeping since we can't go on walks.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
We play a lot of fetch and tug indoors. :)
But Chanel still never misses a walk, be it rain, shine or snow fall. I just dress her accordingly.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I don't mind the rain much either and I usually just put coats on them, but it has been constant downpour since yesterday :/

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
When it comes to Rocky and Benji they aren't fond of heavy rain so the walks are usually shorter.
But Chanel has to be dragged inside kicking and screaming so to speak, lol, because if she had it her way she would live outside.
This morning we woke up to a snow storm, there is about 15cm of snow on the ground. The fur kids had fun playing in it.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Oh gosh I know what you're talking about! I feel so bad when we can't go out for walks and on those days I am on the floor a lot! LOL I usually sit down with a ball and throw it around, we have a trilevel home so we have a lot of stairs to go up and down I love throwing the ball down and seeing them run down 2 flights of steps! They LOVE it! Even Kanyon runs throw the house like a nut job! :D Kizzie had a scooby doo toy she would purposely knock down the steps just to go chase it! Ha! It's so funny! I hate to admit it but we have had many of those days, we have horrible humidity in the Summer here and it's just not safe to go outside sometimes on the walks that we do because the heat is so heavy and the humid is so bad it's like you cant' even breathe. :confused3: I hate it! We usually cool off at the river on those bad bad days but this Summer was the worst in 10years we went to the river and it was still not enjoyable! Poor babies!
The constant down pour you're having can't be fun to walk in either. Ugh! Hopefully it calms down there for you soon so you all can get your walks back!!​

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Once we have exhausted all efforts of playing with toys and the dogs lose interest, I turn to lots of chewies to keep them occupied. I have no problems if they want to nap as they do that a lot during the day anyway; but just like little kids of they sleep too much during the day they're up at night lol. Hooves and ribs mostly as they last forever no matter how many hours the dogs spend chewing on them. At the end of the day I gather them all up, so they don't lose interest if they're just laying around all the time. So next time I pass them out they think they're "new, fresh" treats again lol.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I must have the weirdest dogs. They are almost always indoors. They rarely just lay around. They sleep all day when we are gone but when we are home they are wild!
Today they are running and running and chasing. They do not seem to need me at all.

Ramp up the couch, ramp up the guest bed, it is like they are on an agility course on caffeine!!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sort of off topic, but... I just went out and bought the chis good waterproof coats with fleece lining. I wanted a waterproof coat for days like these where it is too rainy for just sweaters.

The one I got for Lion is a bit roomy. The next size down is too small. I am upset because I already took off the tags thinking it fit fine even though it was a tad big(I tried it on in the house), only to find out it shifts around on walks and doesn't cover his back end well. The coat cost $43....:( :(

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Do you still have the tag? Just because they are off the clothes you can still return them. Esp if you just bought them. You should be able to return without tag if you have the reciet I would just explain you got it home and it didn't fit properly. Stores are pretty open for returns now a days. Those jackets sound nice though!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That is one reason I like getting coats and whatnot at WalMart; instead of tags they are just attached to these cardboard hangers. I don't know how many I've had to return/exchange because the sizes are funky...

I too would think though as long as you still HAVE the tags that you should at least be able to get an exchange or in-store credit?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Sort of off topic, but... I just went out and bought the chis good waterproof coats with fleece lining. I wanted a waterproof coat for days like these where it is too rainy for just sweaters.

The one I got for Lion is a bit roomy. The next size down is too small. I am upset because I already took off the tags thinking it fit fine even though it was a tad big(I tried it on in the house), only to find out it shifts around on walks and doesn't cover his back end well. The coat cost $43....:( :(
I can't tell you how many times I was too quick to remove the tags. :(
It's like the first thing I must do as soon as I get a new outfit, I don't learn my lesson. :rolleyes:
If you can't return it or get store credit, why not try it on with a thin sweater underneath?
Too big is better than too small.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do still have the tags- I will call Friday and see if I can exchange it. It would really suck if I can't... $43 is a lot to spend on a coat that sort of fits. The coats are well made, and Penny's fits great. I just got the wrong style for Lion without realizing it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Mine hate the rain, but they are trained to go outdoors on a leash, so that's what we have to do, whether they like it or not. Energy wise, they burn up plenty inside, playing with each other and with us.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
is it bad for them to sleep alot then in the house??:confused:
It doesnt seem to matter wether I take my 3 out for 5 miles or 5 minutes they still spend most of their time asleep when we are in the house.
Sometimes they like to playfight and play chase but usually they just enjoy sleeping!!(it is just me at home though so maybe its coz the house is normally so quiet???)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts