Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6 month old male chi named Teddy. I would eventually like to get another male Chihuahua and wanted to know do two males get along? Does it matter how old Teddy is when I get one? Thanks :?:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I believe that the younger the original pup is the easier it is to introduce a new brother or sister.
There are several members that have introduced a new pup when their original pup was several years old, so it is certainly possible to do so, just might take a little longer to get them comfortable with each other.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i read its better to have 2 of the same sex unless u want to breed- but u dont have to get a boy, im sure a female would be ok too

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Re: Thank you luv4mygirls!

Teddy's mom said:
Great article!
you are very welcome :)

when i knew jumba was going to be mine, i started bringing chiwi's snuggle bag with me every day to work (i work at the breeders so it was easy) and every day i'd have cuddle time with jumba, letting him sleep in her bag while i held him. then when i would go home i'd give her bag to her and she would just smell and smell then fall asleep. when i brought him home i just popped him right on the floor with chiwi and that was that, she loved him and they barely even sniffed each other. it was like they already knew each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts