5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when will Jemini come into heat?
is it around her 1st birthday?
how will my male Jamoka act?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
They usually come into heat every 6 months - if he is neutered he probably wont be that bothered but ifb he isnt he will do anything to get too her including jumping over things you never thought he could - you need to keepbn them seperated fro the 3 weeks she is in heat as she is way too young to be bred - it would be much mnore advisable to neuter them unless you plan to breed :wave:

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i'm thinking bout breeding alot of people keep asking me to breed him.
and people want jamoke as stud.
he doesn't try to hump her any more.

so at 6 months she should, be in heat?
then at a year she can breed? i just want to make sure she's oh k, if it happens when i'm not looking . i try to keep her with me.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
no she shouldnt be bred until her 3rd or 4th heat between 18 months and 2 years of age - try contacting a good renowned breeder in your area or a handler or judge and ask them to check your dogs over and see if they are of god enough quality to be bred - also speak with your vet and see if they are medically ok to be bred - do you know there parentage history ie : is there luxating patella or tracheal collapse in their lines ?

good luck :wave:

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WELL I'VE BEEN SPEAKING WITH HER PARENTS AND ALL THERE HEALTH LINES ARE GREAT. I'M THINKING ABOUT ALLOWING HER TO HAVE ONE LITTER.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Please consider doing a LOT more research before you think about breeding your chis. They are both still young, so you have plenty of time to research and decide. There are just so many things to consider when breeding. I hope you won't take this the wrong way, but just because your breeder says the health of the parents is good is not enough. You need to have your chis checked thoroughly by your vet for any genetic defects at least.

I am not a breeder, nor do I profess to be an expert. But I do feel I have learned a lot about chis in the last year, and hope to continue to learn. We do have a couple of breeders on the forum, and perhaps they can give you more detailed information.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i'm not takeing anything the wrong nor am i going to.
i'm doing alot of research on this b/c the health of my jemin comes first and the 1st step of research IS asking qestions.
and if i do deside to breed it won't be untill SHE is ready, and i get the oh k from a vet.

But thank you :wink: for giveing me that bit of advise because any advise helps me deside if this is the right thing to do. :D

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Please find out if she and the stud conform to standards aswell first - try posting pics here and we could let you know

Also please your main priority will be keeping your 2 dogs apart for the next 3 weeks - she is way too young to be bred and it could kill her depending on her weight - how much does she weigh ? :wave:

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
umm i think you guys miss understood me,
jemini is only 12 weeks old.
i was just asking qestions.
but as far as jamoka goes he does still try to hump her but i tell him to stop. she's a fatty right now,about 4lbs

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
woah she will probably be about 10 pounds fully grown (more chi to love though :lol: ) Ozzy was 2 pound at 12 weeks and he is now 7 and a half so she is going to be on the larger side and will probably be too big to breed in the fact that chis should be bred to maintain as close to standard as possible and by breeding a 10 pound chi you are going from standard as that states they should be between 2 and 6 pounds.

Anyway we didnt misunderstand you never told us she was 12 weeks lol :lol:

Good luck and my honest opinion based on her size at 12 weeks and what size she will probably be I would say get her spayed before her first ehat as this also reduces the risk of cancers when older.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts