Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I'm going to a wine tasting event two hours away and will be staying overnight...so the dogs are being babysat :-( It is so hard for me to leave them!!!

Just wondering what everyone does with their chis when they go away.
Mine go to their "Grammas"! Halle gets excited as soon as she hears that word!!! they looooovvvve my mom!!!

What about you? :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
So far, I've not actually been away anywhere but I have to go out on Saturday for at least 5 hours so my guys will be staying at my mums next door :D
They're actually better behaved with her than they are with me (cheeky babies!)
Its not for that long so I don't mind it too much. I don't know if I could handle more than a couple of days away!

Have fun btw! :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I usually board them at my work in our VIP Suites, they have a bed, tv/vcr and can go to doggie daycare, I feel safe doing that as my dad is the Vet and is on location if anything happens to Zoey, I've had family (SIL) watch them in the past but they didn't give Zoey her medications and I wasn't happy with how they took care of them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would have to say I would take them with me but IF i cant then they go to my parents house. I dont trust any one else with them. they are my life

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
my 18 yo niece comes and stays, it would be too expensive to board them all, anyway they would fret if we sent them to a kennel, considering xeina our akita will not speak to us we we go away for afew days, she greets us then ignores us for a week!
so we pay aoife to dog and house sit, and we have her convinced the cops check on the house every night to see there are no parties!

·
Registered
609 Posts
fortunately i have a friend who also has three dogs and we take turns... my stepsister and cousin have also volunteered for future trips. I am taking an extended weekend down to Florida in mid-October, so I'm going to have to enlist one of them to sit. I'll definitely miss them... hate being away from them even overnight. :(

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
If they have to be watched overnight (this is unusual) a close friend of mine that they know and love watches them. I'm lucky. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I know how you feel!

I had to leave Fudge for 2 weeks while I visited my family back in Sweden, it was horrible being without him.
The people that looked after him are the people I live with, so they know and see him everyday anyway. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I have a friend who would have them intact I might have two lol..... Rachel??? Although I tend not to go anywhere or if I don't have my daughter with me she comes as a package with the dogs

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I tend to take my dog with me if this is not an option usually one of us is home at all times since we have young kids anyhow.
When we go away, we take the dogs.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
so far every time i have gone away i have taken Minnie and Tootsie with me. i've only been going away on vacation to places that have pet freindly motels. we're going away again on Sept 27 till Oct.1 with the dogs :). not sure what i'm gonna do when i get Peyton, i might have to get a petsitter

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Havent left mine overnight.
My sister wants us to stay for my neices wedding, but i cant cause J's mum and dad need to get back to look after the huskies,( and somebody will be lookin after them while they are here) lol
They also have to get back to give medication to his uncle.
So i will be away just a few hours for the wedding, and the chis will be here with his mum and dad till we get back.
I wouldnt enjoy the wedding if i took the pups cause i would want to be checking on them all the time, especially Dillon.
That would bug my family am sure, so it doesnt make sense to take them this time.

I think if i did have to go away overnight, i would try to take them with me, if not get someone that could sleep over at my place.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
By the way, i would never say when i am going to be away on a forum, just be careful!
They tell you never do that on places like Facebook too cause your house could get done over.
Just thought should mention that, since dates have been mentioned. xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have always just taken mine with. Ihave a portable pop up play yard and simply won't go if he can't come. Fortunately, we don't have to travel often.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
By the way, i would never say when i am going to be away on a forum, just be careful!
They tell you never do that on places like Facebook too cause your house could get done over.
Just thought should mention that, since dates have been mentioned. xx
Oh gosh, how sad but true.
Sick world we live in. :(

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
As a rule if I go away then the dogs come with me. but since I got Maisie ive not gone anywhere! We're planning a family holiday sometime next year, and we'll be going either somewhere dog-friendly, or i'll stay home with all the animals.

We get a neigbour to come in and care for the cats and fish if we go away though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts