Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boss and I are from Calgary Alberta Canada it can get as cold as -50c/ -58f here sometimes so its not the friendliest environment for a Chihuahua but our little Boss seems to take it well :hello1:

·
Registered
384 Posts
wow! it must be extremely cold! i didnt know chihuahuas could live in such cold environments.
randy and i live in kissemmee florida. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
We live in western North Carolina. It gets pretty cold here in my opinion, under 20F sometimes. I'm from California so anything under 68F is freezing to me. The girls seem to do ok, they aren't too fond of the snow though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow! it must be extremely cold! i didnt know chihuahuas could live in such cold environments.
randy and i live in kissemmee florida. :)
LOL sometimes I dont know how I survive on those really cold days hahaha but I think if the animal is born and raised here it makes it alot easier vs if I were to adopt from Florida the dog would probably freeze lol and if I came to Florida I would probably complain the whole time about how hot it is as I cannot stand when it gets hotter than +20c/68f lol which is probably cold to you :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We live in western North Carolina. It gets pretty cold here in my opinion, under 20F sometimes. I'm from California so anything under 68F is freezing to me. The girls seem to do ok, they aren't too fond of the snow though.
lol I cannot stand anything over 68F which is +20C here hahaha thats WAYYYYY TOO HOT lol

·
Registered
384 Posts
LOL sometimes I dont know how I survive on those really cold days hahaha but I think if the animal is born and raised here it makes it alot easier vs if I were to adopt from Florida the dog would probably freeze lol and if I came to Florida I would probably complain the whole time about how hot it is as I cannot stand when it gets hotter than +20c/68f lol which is probably cold to you :)

lol, yes you probably would.
and randy is from florida, i am personally from new york city, but i get cold really fast, so i would probably die the moment i step foot on canada! lmbo.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, yes you probably would.
and randy is from florida, i am personally from new york city, but i get cold really fast, so i would probably die the moment i step foot on canada! lmbo.
Well I was born in Alberta "where I live now" I was raised in Vancouver BC where it only really rains and does not really ever get colder than -5c/
23f so it is much warmer there but alot wetter so it did take me quite awhile to get used to the cold weather here again most people here are wearing shorts again by the time it is -5/ 23f lol I also lived in Windsor Ontario it is MUCH hotter there I could barely stand it as the humidity was almost 100% and it didn't go lower than +30c/ 86f which was soooo hot for me again that is probably a colder day for you we are planning to take a trip to the grand canyon in summer I dont know what I am going to do.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Originally from Idaho where we got below zero frequently, transplanted to South East Texas where the high this week is 85F and it only goes up from there, sometimes 110F+ etc. in the late summer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally from Idaho where we got below zero frequently, transplanted to South East Texas where the high this week is 85F and it only goes up from there, sometimes 110F+ etc. in the late summer.
Ouch I think Boss would turn into a Taco there lol

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Ouch I think Boss would turn into a Taco there lol
It is miserable in summer. A/C becomes a life necessity. It's only February and we're already frantic because our air conditioner is acting up if that describes it.

Primarily just the humidity that makes it so unbearable. Living near the water, but not on the water, is for the birds.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is miserable in summer. A/C becomes a life necessity. It's only February and we're already frantic because our air conditioner is acting up if that describes it.

Primarily just the humidity that makes it so unbearable. Living near the water, but not on the water, is for the birds.
lol that's what I couldn't stand in Windsor was the humidity lol I would not be able to sleep there I would probably stay in a cold bath all day long

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah, the southern humidity is a killer. You can cut the air with a knife. It was the weirdest thing when I first moved here. I much prefer the dry desert heat. Thanks god for AC!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, the southern humidity is a killer. You can cut the air like a knife. It was the weirdest thing when I first moved here. I much prefer the dry desert heat. Thanks god for AC!
Yes thank god for AC I will make sure mine is in tip top shape before taking our trip down to the grand canyon lol

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well I was born in Alberta "where I live now" I was raised in Vancouver BC where it only really rains and does not really ever get colder than -5c/
23f so it is much warmer there but alot wetter so it did take me quite awhile to get used to the cold weather here again most people here are wearing shorts again by the time it is -5/ 23f lol I also lived in Windsor Ontario it is MUCH hotter there I could barely stand it as the humidity was almost 100% and it didn't go lower than +30c/ 86f which was soooo hot for me again that is probably a colder day for you we are planning to take a trip to the grand canyon in summer I dont know what I am going to do.
what the cheeseburgers! they wear shorts in canada!!! lmbo! wow!
lol and yes you should prepare for hot weather going to the grand canyon, even though it would be fine for me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in northern California, we're lucky if it reaches 75 degrees in the summer. I love it! It is very mild all year round:)
Really I always thought Calafornia was really hot :) but I guess not then again I am not really sure what is all up in Northern Calafornia I have never been outside Canada :)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I'm from Northern California. San Jose to be specific. Right now it's freezing. I think it's about 33° currently. We've actually had snow on the mountain tops! I love the snow!! It's definitely been a colder than normal winter here. Surrounding cities getting snow that would normally never get it. San Fransisco had some light snow. :)
Our summers range anywhere from the 70's to triple digits.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hee heee.... Yeah everyone thinks it is hot in all of Cali. We are close to the ocean and it keeps it very mild. Now southen Cali get much hotter than us. I love it here, but of course was born here, and anything hotter kills me lol!!! I'm a whimp when it comes to heat lol!!

Really I always thought Calafornia was really hot :) but I guess not then again I am not really sure what is all up in Northern Calafornia I have never been outside Canada :)

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I'm from Bakersfield in middle California. It get's over 100 degrees in the summer here, but it is a dry heat. I was born in Ohio right near Lake Erie, so I know what you mean about humidity.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts