Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am thinking about starting to barf Rocky. I am not quite sure though where to get the meat/bones/utter/tripe/omasum, etc. from. Are you buying it in a shop? If yes, which UK ones? Do you have even UK online shops you can recommend??

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'm not in the UK but I have heard that raw to go is good ...

Home

Also Pets At Home carries natures menu frozen nuggets. Read labels and try to pick the varieties that have the most meat and least amount of veggies. I think the banquet line of natures menu is the one you want. (Not sure though since I don't live there.)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. Thats exactly what I am looking for :). But delivery seems kind of expensive or is that normal??

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
RawToGo is expensive - Its easier to either go to one of the supermarkets and buy it (or order online - ASDA and Tesco do home delivery). Ive ordered from The Dog Food Company a few times before and found them to be very good - You get a lot for your money and its all quality.

Pets At Home often dont have the banquet nuggets in, and the others are mostly veg. They do however stock Mince in different flavours (though most are labled as say rabbit or turkey and are actually half chicken, and half the flavour they say). Some stores also carry the chunks of meat too but it does work out a little expensive. Most pet shops carry them though, and pets at home is usually on the more expensive end of pet shops - The smaller ones are a lot cheaper as a rule!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Supermarkets sell all sorts of different meats - Chicken, Turkey, Lamb, Rabbit, Beef, Pork... Any meat suitable for humans is sold there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ok - I order from raw to go and thought it was cheap? Was getting the meat / bone / organ all ground up together?

Is supermarket meat cheaper than 65p or 75p a pack? If it is I am going to change.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I go by the "per pound" info on the packs - Obviously some meats are more expensive, but its just a case of shopping around and finding the best deals. I got 5 packages of heart a few weeks back for 29p per lb! I personally dont bother using ground very often because you dont get the dental benefits from it, I much prefer the larger pieces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts