Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife ALWAYS wants to take Astro everywhere. I thought that allot of places won't allow dogs unless they are service dogs due to patron safety and health code laws. It got me really thinking, what are some store that you know of that allow dogs in (besides the pet stores)?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I can't think of many off hand, but if you do a search in the searchbox on this chi-people page, that question has been asked.

I think the post mentioned-home depot, lowes..some other places?
I take Miya everywhere with me, except to grocery stores. She and I walk in and pretend that nothing's wrong and have yet to have anyone say something to us.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
You can go camping and hiking! Much better for you and your Chi than running around stores. ;)

Really not many business places allow dogs, but unless it is a restaurant or
grocery store you can bring your pup inside a carrier, and if an employee gives
you a hard time you simply act clueless, apologize and leave. :cool:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I love to take Daisy with me every where but usually she has to wait in the car when we're running in some where. Of course windows are cracked for fresh air. She will patiently just wait in my sons car seat while we do a run in. Hubby wont let me take her into any stores with us either.

If you find the answer, please let me know.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bailey goes every where with me. I just carry her. She's been to the mall, to the optometrist with me, chapters and that's just a few, I'm dead tired and can't think

·
Registered
172 Posts
Barney goes in hardware stores, and garage sales. I recently took him in his purse carry bag into the library to pick up something I had reserved. He goes to the post office too. I found a great inexpensive purse carry bag for him at a garage sale recently. It is really a garden bag, but it has the perfect loose ends so his head can pop out at one end. I attached a security leash to the strap, and he loves it. When he feels timid he can sink down, but otherwise his little head is out looking around.

·
Registered
370 Posts
yrs ago i would take my pom pup to the mall w me everywhere.i kept him in a soft sided carrier but left it unzipped(zip was on the top)enough so 'bear' could stick his head out.in some stores people would ask me to take him out because i was a regular customer n they knew i had him w me.the best idea,though,is go to the park or go hiking,etc.i know my babies love being outside.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I take Charles absolutely everywhere I was in the jewelry store the other day with him and one of the guys that work there said they don't allow pets in here. I said look at him I can't leave him in the car someone would steal him. Then every other person including the guys wanted to hold and pet him. The guy that said something it turn out was very allergic to dogs but even he in the end said he is so cute can I pet him. He said I'll have to wash my hands imediatly afterwards but I just can't resist. I take Charlie to the bank, pet store, corner store, drugstore you name it. As long as you carry them most places don't mind I find. The only places I can't take him is restraints and large grocery stores.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I take Charles absolutely everywhere I was in the jewelry store the other day with him and one of the guys that work there said they don't allow pets in here. I said look at him I can't leave him in the car someone would steal him. Then every other person including the guys wanted to hold and pet him. The guy that said something it turn out was very allergic to dogs but even he in the end said he is so cute can I pet him. He said I'll have to wash my hands imediatly afterwards but I just can't resist. I take Charlie to the bank, pet store, corner store, drugstore you name it. As long as you carry them most places don't mind I find. The only places I can't take him is restraints and large grocery stores.
Maybe it's just where we live that most places don't care since I think you're really close to me haha!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts