Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I got my little Cici from this breeder here, this is her website: deleted...
what do yous think? would you all say she is a byb? I mean I went to her house to get my baby and she seemed very nice her house was lovely everything seemed in tack, but she does advertise a lot of her chi's as 'teacup' which I have read that only byb do that. I must admit though, her chi's are absolutely gorgeous and every time I go on her website I want another one of her little puppies!! I'd like your opinions on Cici's breeder, I mean she is lovely :D

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
the first thing that jumped out at me was the word "teacup". a term to make the most amount of money, ect.
i did read her home page and i did not like that will not affilate herself with anyone or other club, but hey what do i know!!!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
The links been removed

I think there is different extremes of puppy farms bybs and reputable breeders

One of mine came from a byb but she is the best dog on earth the other came from a show breeder/judge and she is perfectly to standard a total sweety but a cow ATM haha

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I glanced at the site before removing the link and She has some good information on it but at the same time she does use the term "Teacup" and there are no pictures of the parents and both of these are always red flags to me. Dont even get me started on how much she is charging for the pups???

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
woops sorry i didn't know you weren't aloud to post websites up. Yeh I know she is very expensive ae? Cici cost me £2250! I mean at the time I didn't know that I was silly paying that amount, but I love Cici so it worked out OK but I know for next time!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I got Harley from a breeder in North Carolina. She has a great website with pages of references, pictures of all the parents, her facility and information on the "teacup myth", the molera, hypoglycemia, FAQ's... ect. They even met us halfway in VA to bring him to us. Harley has some health and behavior issues though.

On the flip side, on a whim, I impulsively got Shiloh from an awful, run of the mill "puppy store" by my college in NJ. I knowingly got her with the notion she was most likely from a puppy mill, but she really pulled on my heart strings and I couldn't walk out that door without her. Shi was sick with parasites and had a few hypoglycemia episodes, the first week. I did get an unfit for sale from the vet and the bills were covered by the store. However, I would never recommend someone getting a puppy from a place like that or ever do that again. Minus complications from her spay surgery (unrelated) she had a long recovery and is perfectly healthy and normal now. She actually has one of the best personalities out of all our dogs. Ironic.

I'm by no reason advocating for pet stores or byb, but if you're content with your dog and they are healthy and happy.... then it shouldn't matter where they come from. I'm not able to see her website, but from what everyone else is saying - I agree with. It's usually helpful to see pictures of the parents and their dogs - to get an idea of what the puppies will look like. Yes, using the term "teacup" is a selling technique, most breeders who are truly trying to better the breed and not just make $$ cringe when they hear the term teacup. BUT I think it's a good sign you were able to see the breeder's set up and all her dogs, that accounts for more than a website! Anway - CiCi is beautiful and looks like she fits the chihuahua breed standard. So no, I don't think her breeder is a true "byb" - maybe trying to get more profit out of it than others - but not a legit byb. JMO - going off of everything that was previously said :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Can you PM me the link please, 2 of mine are from show breeders and didn't even pay one third of what you payed for your girl for both of them and both of mine are shown at championship level and have fab temperament's. For someone to charge that for a pet is beyond a joke, as long as people are paying these prices then there will always be these people conning un knowing people out of money.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Louise sent me the link

I think they are a puppy farm she pumps out puppies left and right they aren't registered as far as I'm aware?? Or are they?? And you view them in her private viewing area!! That screams puppy farm to me!

The teacup thing she uses all the time we've spoken about her frequently on here she charges ridiculous prices! Half the dogs I've seen advertised aren't to standard I'm glad you love your dog and have it but I would warn people far away from this so called breedee

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
We got our girl from a family breeder. Her parents and their puppies are AKC registered. We met all the puppies in the big sunroom where they live. Some were spoken for so they separated just the few that were available for us to play with.

The parents and available puppies are on their site and we met her parents and litter mates as well. I made a page of photos and information on her parents so that we are able to see the resemblances (that may be silly!) as she gets bigger. By meeting them, we can already see that she has her dad's eyes but otherwise looks exactly like her mama. The mom and dad are both 3 years old and this was the first breeding between them.

She was $500. She came with an 8 lb. bag of food that she was accustomed, a bag that was filled with a package of her training pads, a coat and shirt (she had a whole closet filled with new clothing, bedding and such and said if we did not like what she had chosen for her that we could choose for ourselves), toys, a blanket and a nice snapped folder that had all of her medical history-shot records, worming, etc., her AKC stuff so that we could register her, their business card and our contract which included commitment for 2 remaining immunizations as well as a 2 year health guarantee. We are asked to send a one year photo so that they can see the dog as well as gain deeper insight into their matching.

When we took her for her last shot, she went CRAZY when the breeder spoke to her and she saw her! She kissed her to bits and the breeder had tears in her eyes as they loved on each other. Hope CLEARLY knew her and remembered her!

If we get a second, it will be from this breeder. We adore this family and have had a good experience.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Louise sent me the link

I think they are a puppy farm she pumps out puppies left and right they aren't registered as far as I'm aware?? Or are they?? And you view them in her private viewing area!! That screams puppy farm to me!

The teacup thing she uses all the time we've spoken about her frequently on here she charges ridiculous prices! Half the dogs I've seen advertised aren't to standard I'm glad you love your dog and have it but I would warn people far away from this so called breedee
Oh really, so your saying you don't think Cici is a standard chihuahua? This makes me sad since I got Cici from this breeder but everyone is saying she is really bad :(

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Don't get down! Just from going by your signature and avatar - Cici *definitely* looks the chihuahua standard! Do you have any other pics of her?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
From what I've heard and read her dogs were bred in Spain and she brought them over here as far as I can read they aren't kc registered? Is cici kc registered? Some of the puppies on there look like they have sparse hair especially the blue ones which rings alarm bells!

IMO she is a bad breeder I'm 99% certain she's a puppy farm she has a very high output of puppies!

When I used the word standard I meant the chihuahua breed standard, this ladies dogs aren't all to the breed standard she has an ex brood on there for sale her muzzle is way too long for the standard.
I can only see your dogs face in your sig I'll go through your posts and look for other pictures but her head is quite flat on top and her muzzle looks long and undershot but it could just be the picture and being just a pet it really doesn't matter If they aren't totally to standard :) I personally wouldn't pay as much as you did for her tbh I wouldn't pay that muchfor a show girl (mine wa less than half that price)

We live and learn a lot of people have made mistakes buying dogs and gone to these awful people as long as your dog is healthy and loved that's what matters

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I got both Pip and Roo from rescue.

I didn't see the link, but I agree she is charging a ridiculous amount of money for her pups which is not reputable, imo.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From what I've heard and read her dogs were bred in Spain and she brought them over here as far as I can read they aren't kc registered? Is cici kc registered? Some of the puppies on there look like they have sparse hair especially the blue ones which rings alarm bells!

IMO she is a bad breeder I'm 99% certain she's a puppy farm she has a very high output of puppies!

When I used the word standard I meant the chihuahua breed standard, this ladies dogs aren't all to the breed standard she has an ex brood on there for sale her muzzle is way too long for the standard.
I can only see your dogs face in your sig I'll go through your posts and look for other pictures but her head is quite flat on top and her muzzle looks long and undershot but it could just be the picture and being just a pet it really doesn't matter If they aren't totally to standard :) I personally wouldn't pay as much as you did for her tbh I wouldn't pay that muchfor a show girl (mine wa less than half that price)

We live and learn a lot of people have made mistakes buying dogs and gone to these awful people as long as your dog is healthy and loved that's what matters

Yes well when I met her she said she useto live in Spain and stuff but she's been living in England for a while. Well to be honest it's not a very good pic of Cici in my sig, can't you get into my photo albumns? or do I have to be your friend first?. Yes I mean I was desperate for a chihuahua, and I heard so many things about having to make sure you get from a good breeder, and she was saying you get what you pay for, I would never pay that much for a chihuahua again as I know now that price does not matter so I'm a lot wiser with that now. Can you have a look through my albumn of Cici and tell me what you think? ...

1 - 20 of 100 Posts