• public park where there are lots of other dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • grasses/park at your complex area

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Right now Tucker gets all his exercise in the house. He is terrified of the leash, and our other two dogs live in our fenced back yard, so we don't use it for walks/exercise, either. (One of them is a 70 pound Labrador puppy and I'm afraid that Tucker would be injured or worse if we tried playing back there).

DH is putting up a picket fence in our front yard so that Tucker and I can spend time outdoors together. We have a glider there that hubby built and a Redbud tree, so it will be very pleasant for us to spend time there. The utility people came out this week and marked where all the underground wires/pipes are so that we don't damage them while digging holes for the fence posts. The fence should be done in a few weeks and I am sure looking forward to having it! :)

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
We take Bosco for a walk around the neighborhood...although we plan to start walking him in the park-area near our house if it ever stops raining. :(

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Right now I just walk them around the block near my appartment. At home we walk down the street to the neighborhood park and play there. Tequila and Ginger get scared sometimes, so I limit their walk times to parts of the day when there isnt a lot of kids around.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am normally the one who walks Mocha and Beetle (because my hubby is lazy). I normally walks them for half an hour every other day within the neighborhood. Most parks here in HK don't allow dogs, so I just walk them on leashes on the pavement. Beetle wanted so bad to go inside the parks every time we walked by (Note: There are 2 parks in my neighborhood but none allows dogs).

When the weather is not too hot, we will sometimes take our dogs up the hills for a walk during weekends. They love this a lot because there is where they can walk unleashed. :lol:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I live on a main highway so I have to cross the street to go to a neighborghood but the other dogs (seems everybody has one) freaks him out so we go to a park sometimes too (none of which allow dogs) Noone has kicked us out yet LOL. I will go wherever I can take him since we have no grass at home :cry:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well Neville hates the leash, so usually I let him run in the backyard...although I have to watch him close 'cause he can get through the fence!!! :shock: Sometimes I take him to the park if the weather is nice. My little sister is in colorguard so when I go to pick her up from practice I take him with me for that. Although I have to hold on to him...cause he likes to stick his head out of my car window and I'm afraid he will fall out. :shock: :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Elle used to HATE being on her leash, but she's gotten used to it now and doesn't mind a bit! She would much rather play in our big backyard and be allowed to roam free, but anywhere beyond that she's attached to me without question. Hehe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts