Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading post about people taking their chis everywhere. I think gadget's mom said she took her chi even at 3 weeks old. What type of places do they allow you to bring your pets? Is it ok if I tke one of my chis somewhere or do I have to wait til they have their shots?

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I think it depends on where you live as to where you take your baby. Personally, I don't ever take Lina to restraunts or where they sell food (grocery stores) other than Wal-Mart. As far as the shots things go, I don't think you should take your pup anywhere that has dogs and let them play until he/she has had all his/her shots. I hope that answered your questions :) I'm not an expert, just repeating what I've read lol

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
keep him off the ground in places until he has all his shots.....

i take chiwi to the bank, to work, to dunkin donuts, she's gone to parent teacher night, petsmart (of course), and just today she came with me to the tattoo parlor :) i thought they were going to ask my friend to hold her outside but they LOVED her there and let her play on the couch! i haven't taken her to any grocery stores cause i know they won't let her in there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would love to be able to take Snickers to more places but I know how people get about dogs.

So he always go with me to the petco or petsmart and sometimes to the post office. I once took him to pick up my carry out @ panchero's. Even though it was a resturant I was not going to leave him in the cold car.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I have taken Gadget to Walmart, The meat market in town(in his bag), Petsmart, the local petstore here in town, to the Dollar Tree Store, Fred Meyers, to the bank(drive-thru), the Gas station store, I have taken him to 2 different court houses, to the convenient store, taken hoim to Costco(in his bag), he came and visited me in the hospital, Took him to Denny's resteraunt(would normally not do that butit was snowing outside and he was only 4 weeks old and I wasn't going to leave him in the car.) He laid in my coat and slept. We have taken him to Line-X(Mark works there) he loves going there and run around on the office floor.. Took him through the drive thru @ Burger King. I've taken him to the variety store, to a good will store, to Amanda's school, to her parent teacher conference, to a groomer/pet supply store, and of course I have taken him to the vets. I have probably taken him into more places but that is the ones that I can remember off the top of my head.

I took him on a 5 hour trip to meet Amanda's Dad when she ws coming back from Christmas break, Gadget was 3 1/2 weeks old... He did so well, he loves going in the car...

We go everywhere, I know as he gets bigger I will have to slowly stop taking him to some places but all the places he goes into now he is in his bag, except for Petstores, and the variety store.

Oh yeah I almost forgot I have taken him into the Post Office. Everybody loves him there, I was told to bring him back anytime I wanted to...

I think when he gets a little older I am going to take him in the retirement place My grandma lived in. The people up there love animals.

I can't wait until I can go camping this summer with him...
and Dredging... I am going to get him a life jacket so he can be nice and save even though we usually go to creeks. ya never know how water is going tto be,....

I hope everybody enjoys their furbabies as much as I have enjoyed Gadget.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I've taken Lily to Target, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, the car wash, the waiting room of my car repair place, Michael's, the video store, the bank, several hardware stores, Home Depot, Radio Shack, Bed Bath & Beyond, Linens 'N Things, Pier One, any number of fast food drive-thru windows and once I even took her into Domino's Pizza to pick up an order (it was just too cold to leave her in the car). She always comes with me to get ice cream in the summer but only to the outside window (as opposed to going inside the place). Most people are delighted to see her and the only place where I've been asked not to bring her back was a video store (because they sell food items). Occasionally I carry her in my bag but mostly I just hold her (as she prefers). She's very portable. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts