Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...shop for you Chi babies? Pets Mart, Petco, Walmart, other? What size collar will I need, harness? Would it be good to have a stuffed animal for puppy to sleep with when she comes home? What do you suggest? I am so excited to get what she needs.

*edited to add, I bought this collar, just don't know if it will fit or not*

·
Registered
384 Posts
well i shop at walmart and ebay. there prices seem to suit me. :)
and if its a baby, probably a xxs collar, in walmart they have tiny tot and another name for small pups (chi's).

whats her name? can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Her name is Ruby, she will be 4 weeks tomorrow, I posted pics over on the pictures forum from today, and also posted a couple weeks ago too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
...shop for you Chi babies? Pets Mart, Petco, Walmart, other? What size collar will I need, harness? Would it be good to have a stuffed animal for puppy to sleep with when she comes home? What do you suggest? I am so excited to get what she needs.

*edited to add, I bought this collar, just don't know if it will fit or not*
Hi there.

I live in the UK so can't really comment on where to shop. However, I would not recommend a stuffed toy to sleep with. Dogs can chew them open and eat the stuffing and this can be fatal. A stuffed toy would be great fun to play with while supervised though! You could put one of your tshirts or a blanket in with her instead?

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
946 Posts
mine love sleeping with a snuggle blankie. I made mine from the soft polartec fabric at the local fabric store...just cut to size...and I have many sizes and many blankies all over the place--lol! I don't live near any real stores so I shop online...I would recommend a harness over a collar though for sure. Get the step in type, much easier. & I agree with the stuffed animal comment, too dangerous to not be monitored, have her sleep with an unstuffed toy :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Looking forward to seeing your baby ruby, I tend to buy a lot off ebay, or amazon have some nice stuff but find it more expensive, I have collars on my Chi and Shih`s but their only there to carry the name and microchip disks, I use Puppia harnesses on them all as there a lot more gentle on the dogs

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your responses. Good point with the stuffed animal. I will stick with blankets. I will check out harnesses too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts