Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's late and I am catching up on all the Chi chat I missed today. And I as I sit in bed I wonder....where does everyone else let their Chis (or other dogs) sleep at night?

I usually have all four dogs in my room with me.

Lacey- always on the bed usually behind my legs. It doesent really matter where exactly, as long as she has some blanket covering her up.

Osha- likes to sleep right up by my head. Usually between my neck and chest exactly ;).

Non chis....

Morrison- usually on the bedroom floor right in front of the bed. But usually by morning he is sleeping at one of the bottom corners.

Honey- she sleeps on her own pillow on the other side of the head/top of the bed. She is very certain that she is a princess and just a mattress is not good enough for her :p.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Haha! Toby sleeps right in between my arm and body under the comforter. He gets cold and I run a fan at night, so he bundles up.

As for the family dogs:

Right now, Lilly has to sleep downstairs because she tore her miniscus and has all kinds of other problems. She has an orthopedic bed with a big, fluffy blanket for her. When she can take the stairs, she sleeps on my moms bed by her feet.

Rocky sleeps with my sister, between her legs under the blanket.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
My house rule is no dogs upstairs where there is carpet (coz it's beige). We have a baby gate to keep my 3 little ones downstairs in the open plan lounge/dining/kitchen area where there are hardwood floors. Ax and Chloe sleep together in a cat igloo that they are in love with. Winston has his own little bed that sits beside Ax and Chloe's. They also have another bed and a soft thing shaped like a kennel that they sit in and roll around in but don't really use for actual sleeping. I have to have at least 1 bed per dog becuause they don't like being anywhere near eachother when they have treats, as soon as I hand them out they all bolt for a seperate bed as far away from eachother as possible - they are not the sharing type.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Daisy and Rocki both sleep downstairs and are not upstairs when Mommy and Daddy are asleep. Mainly because Daisy when would no longer sleep in her bedding area on the bed at night she had a few accidents in our bed and for Daddy that was enough. If I was was single I swear my bed would be filled with all my animals. Thats how I was raised. Both dogs sleep in seperate crates. Both have their own beds and Daisy has a blanket. Rocki always pushed the blanket out of her bed so she doesnt have one any longer.

Cats they sleep either in our bed or downstairs, none of them sleep in my sons room.

Stormy starts at the night upstairs between Mommy and Daddys heads facing the wall, we have no idea why she does that. Shes very old and perfers no other animals near her when shes between our heads. Usually by morning shes found downstairs sleeping on one of the couches or on my sons little cushioned chairs. Or she'll move to under the bed. Which is where you will find her mostly during the day.

Hercules if he isn't being a bully and isnt sleeping in the garage sleeps next to Daddy. My husband and Hercules actually have to share a pillow sometimes.

Nanners usually sleeps by the bathroom door, the bathroom or at the foot of our bed. For some strange and dangrouse reason she perfers to sleep at my feet, probably because hubbys feet hang over the bed.

Cuddles starts in the middle of us, and will usally lean more towards whoever will pet her at the moment. Than she'll lay there. She will either move to the middle of us, the foot of the bed or sitting at the top of the stairs.

The none fur kid sleeps in his own room.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Both of mine sleep in the bed. Lion usually sleeps head first under the blankets, and Penny sleeps on or near my head. She is a pillow hog.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Our dogs both sleep on their own dog beds in our room. Until recently Kerri slept in her crate- but now that she is older she gets a bed. I just don't really want my dogs sleeping in my bed- they would keep me up- I barely can tolerate my husband :).

If we are sleeping in sometimes I will invite them up on the bed in the morning for some cuddles!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Reggie sleeps either in a dog bed or in an open crate because he gets too warm. Sometimes he sleeps outside on the chaise lounge because it's cool outside. Twiggy isn't allowed to sleep in the bed, she's so little and only has three good legs and I'm scared she will jump or fall off the bed and hurt herself, so she sleeps in an open crate with Delilah. Chumley usually starts in a crate, but ends up in bed by morning. Gonzo and Abby sleep on the couch in the living room with my mom. The other 10 sleep in bed with me. Sometimes they are generous and give me 3 inches on the edge to sleep in. lol

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Bailey and Emmie both sleep in our bed. Bailey is usually head first under covers against my back. Emmie is usually on the other side of me in a ball under the covers.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I lay on my side when I sleep, curled up in a ball. Ote likes to sleep right by my belly, surrounded by my legs. If I'm not there, she likes to sleep right behind her "daddy's" legs, or right under his neck.

When she isn't in bed with us (during the day...at night, she always sleeps with one or both of us) she likes to snuggle on her "plush" bed or under a bunch of covers!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
All over! My girl will sleep under my desk when I am working. During the other hours of the day I have her box bed (right next to my bed) turned on it's side and at night she wants it right side up (I dont know why). Sometimes if she wants peace during the day she goes there. Sometimes the couch or in front of the office window. Sometimes on a low shelf by the computer.

In the wee hourse of the morning when she cries to get out to pee, after that, she goes to mine or my daughters bed where she goes right on top of our pillow just over our head and curls up there.

It depends on her mood and what the flavor of the day is.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Both my chis sleep on my bed under the covers. And both start out curled out and by half way through the night they are completely horizontal kicking both hubby and I off the bed. How a 4 pound dog can shove me off a queen size bed, I still haven't figured out. But I couldn't have it any other way :) and somtimes little Sophia will even place her head next to mine on the pillow. They are just so cute and cuddly.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Most of the time my Chi's sleep together in there Kennel which I keep in my room.
When I do let them sleep with me they are snuggled together between my legs or one on either side of me. One by my belly and the other one behind my knees.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Daisy sleeps with me. Under the covers, toasty warm. Sometimes she sleeps by my feet, sometimes by my legs, and lately she has claimed one of my pillows, and sleeps on that, which I pull next to me and stroke her as I fall asleep. Lovely end to the day <3

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
All over the place! haha I work nights, so I have a very sporadic sleeping schedule. When it's just me sleeping during the day Chloe starts off in the bed with me under the covers curled up next to me or between my legs. When I wake up, she goes into her play pen which has her pad for the rest of the night (or day in my case). I'm afraid to keep her in the bed the whole time yet since I don't think she can hold it all night. When it's just my boyfriend sleeping while I'm at work, she has to sleep in the playpen all night long. Her daddy won't sleep with her because he says he wants to make sure she's not spoiled and knows how to sleep in her own bed. haha It's probably good for her.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Diamond is the weird one he picks normally he sleeps in my bed coming out from under the covers when he feels to warm and going under again when he feels cold, my little yo-yo. Then once and a while he decides he wants to be dependant and sleeps in his own bed in my room. Or may it is just to watch the kittens sleep.

Prince is sooo cute he picks what he thinks is the warm place on my body and sleeps in a little ball. This morning I woke up and found him in my neck. What a lovely start to my day. :D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
All 5 sleep with us.Maggie sleeps by my side,Molly sleeps in hubbys arms,Missy sleeps on my pillow snuggled in my hair.The 2 dachshunds,Maisey sleeps on her own little pillow above my hubbys head,Minnie sleeps at our knees between us,lol .It's a bed full!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Midgie says, "In bed with mommy & daddy, of course!"" She starts off on my pillow sometimes laying across my chest under my chin, then ends up under the covers between hubby & I. I have to start off sleeping on my belly, but if I curl up in a ball on my side, she'll crawl under the covers to lay against my belly.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Much to my husband's dismay, our new little one sleeps on the bed plastered to my side or his side. She joins our 2 cats already on the bed. Glad we have have a king size bed! Lady whimpers up a storm if not on the bed. I will say she is a very, very quiet sleeper and never stirs until one of us gets up. The cats usually vacate by 5:00 and start asking for their breakfast!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Lordy, lordy, no wonder the the western population is dwindling whilst others flourish! No need for contraceptives in this thread!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Lordy, lordy, no wonder the the western population is dwindling whilst others flourish! No need for contraceptives in this thread!

Hahaha, I just got tea up my nose! :lol: ...don't know how that happened, you made me laugh too hard woman! :foxes251:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts